Livingston, West Lothian
£18000 - £21000 per annum
Vital Glasgow Construction
4 months ago
Vital Resources have been engaged by a reputable and well established utilities contractor to assist them in employing a Scheduler/ Planner.
Our client is looking for someone who can, receive work requests and efficiently plan works. You would also be expected to source data from systems and tracksheets, process these accordingly to facilitate payment from our client and Asset Owners.
Other duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To provide administration function and support to the Commercial and Operational team.
- Receive and log work requests
- Responsible for productive planning of all planned works
- Liaise internally & externally to collate all relevant planning information.
- Responsible for resolving customer queries promptly, including liaison with the Operational Teams, local authorities and 3rd party providers as required.
- Work with individual project managers to ensure Company call off period is adhered to.
- Define, evaluate, and improve effectiveness of business processes and procedures to enhance efficiency and output
- Respond appropriately to customer complaints in accordance with internal procedures.
- Ensure all Designs, MPAN's and MPRN's are in place prior to jobs progressing
- Ensure all relevant SRWR notices and weekly whereabouts are in place prior to jobs progressing
- Responsible for ensuring the all information is transferred onto the Company tracking system.
- Collating, valuing and issuing CVI and EWN.
- Preparing accurate contract applications/invoices and issuing promptly.
- Managing dispute, variations and final account to the satisfaction of the SQS
- Preparing subcontract payments for approval by the SQS in accordance with subcontract policy and process.
- Collating accurate weekly/monthly cost and value data.
To be considered for this position, the ideal candidate will be have demonstrable skills within:
- Good computer skills, particularly in regards to inputting data
- Prioritisation and responsibility skills.
- Ability to analyse problems and offer solutions.
- Good communicator.
- Able to work on their own initiative, within established procedures and as part of a team
- Methodical in their working practices
- Good task management and document control skills.
- Ability to motivate people to reach common goals.
- Good negotiator.
- Good team player.
- Knowledge of the construction industry
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a position that will offer long term career goals.
If you would like more information, or to apply, please contact Vital Resources on 01698 753850