Currently recruiting for a Connected Car TCU Design & Application Engineer to work for a large automotive client.
The role will involve:
* Implementation of on-board telematics systems for vehicles manufactured in Europe and Russia.
* Generation and release of TCU configuration data for European & Russian vehicles
* Managing Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets.
* Coordination of in house and supplier TCU validation to clients design standards ahead of new SW releases
* Collaboration with Off Board Connected Car team, test teams (both on board and off board) and customer orientated engineering team to confirm system performance for remote commands
* Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to ensure technical solution supports business objectives & with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks.
* Collaborate with related engineering sections to ensure all system components are packaged and connected correctly to meet all system design and regulation requirements.
* Status reporting to management at all levels.
Bachelor or Master's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, System Engineering or related.
2+ years experience of vehicle development with an OEM, MNO or Tier 1
Experience delivering automotive electronic systems and features
Experience of BOM management, component and configuration release
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Ability to travel (business trips up to two weeks)
Work within company health and safety guidelines