Up to £20.00 per hour
3 months ago
Morson International is currently looking for Configuration/ Document Controller for our client based in Portsmouth.
As a Configuration/ Document Controller your main responsibilities will involve:
- To maintain the database for all equipment, documents and drawings of Royal Navy Surface Ships.
- Structuring and recording data in order to maintain a future ship fit definition for each ship. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to establish sufficient knowledge of the requirements for recording data relating to the various ships, systems and equipment.
- Preparation of project working instructions and co-ordination of the associated documentation for each ship. To become familiar with the configuration management requirements of Def Stan 02-41 and ISO 9001:2008 standards.
- Take all precautions and actions necessary to maintain the safety of visitors and the working environment.
- Visit stakeholder sites and carry out on-board ship equipment validations at various locations throughout the UK.
Skills and qualifications:
- Educated to ONC level or Equivalent Data entry approx 6000 plus keystrokes per hour.
- Ideally have a background within a Naval / Technical Engineering and familiar with ship systems (Mechanical, Electrical and Weapons Systems).
- A well developed understanding of technical drawings and their significance to each ship and the through-life support
- A general awareness of naval ship construction and ship systems layout would be beneficial.
- An understanding of quality systems ideally SSDD Knowledge (application currently in use) would be highly desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of general legal safety requirements.
- Understanding of MoD Configuration Management Principles
- Good Computer Skills
- Understand technical documentation and ships systems
Education & Experience:
- Apprenticeship/ONC/HNC in an engineering subject
Working knowledge of RN Ships Technical Documentation and processes.
- Awareness of Product Safety and how it relates to configuration accounting activities
- Undertake configuration accounting in accordance with project documented processes and procedures [MRDC (Ships) Work Instructions and Handbooks]
- Work to identify and fulfil stakeholder requirements for configuration data provision
- Work as a member of the Data Team in close liaison with other team members under the direction of the Configuration Manager and Lead Configuration Engineer. When appropriate, assist and/or supervise the work of other members of staff
- Responsible for quality of own work.
- Implement the requirements of ISO9001:2008 and other measures as required to assure quality as defined in the Project Quality Plan and Project specific work instructions.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.