Crawley, West Sussex
£38.00 - £45.00 per hour + Ltd negotiable
7 months ago
Crawley - 3 month contract (potential to extend) - Pay rate £38 to £45 p/h Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Configuration Manager to work with a defence client on a UAV project. You shall be based in Crawley for an initial period of 3 months, although there is scope for an extension.
- To Identify, capture and release design & technical information.
- Ensures Configuration data and documents relating to various stages of the lifecycle is related, valid and fit for purpose at all times.
- Create and distribute configuration management information, describing configuration status.
- Creates and maintains build intent records.
- Captures and stores build actual records.
- Performs gap analysis on build intent and build actual information.
- Supports the design change control process (internal & external).
- Creates and maintains Configuration Status Accounting and Configuration Items Lists records.
- Supports PCA & FCA (LR7).
- Supports the Project/Bid Configuration Manager with Planning, Mgt, Audit and Assessment activities when requested.
- Retains or archives technical information when required and ensures the security and future availability of the information for the organisation.
- To support a pro-active, 'can-do' attitude within the Function and encourage innovative thinking.
- To Administer and provide user support to the project/product team with respect to the PLM tool and CM processes.
- Uses and administrates various CM tools to perform the processes.
- To use the toolsets in a manner consistent with Chorus II.
- To support the maintenance of configuration management metrics.
- Proven ability of Configuration Management within a Defence engineering environment, including the alignment to the appropriate standards (in particular Def Stan 05-57 and EIA-649).
- Track record of delivering effective Configuration Management for large projects, across the complete product lifecycle (concept through to support) within a complex business environment.
- Knowledge of both System / Hardware and Software Configuration Management processes.
- Knowledge of the System/Product Lifecycles (for System, Application, HW, SW, FW).
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management tools, Data and Document tools.
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management (Version and Change Control).
Additional: Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved candidates should be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level). This need not be live at the time of application as the successful candidate will be able to start on a baseline security clearance.