We are looking to recruit a Configuration Manager for a client of ours, the successful candidate will work within the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) division.
6 month duration with chance to extend,
Based in Crawley, West Sussex with hybrid working availabe
- Perform CM planning for new and existing projects, defining an effective tailored CM Implementation.
- Support the identification of contract/subcontract requirements to ensure effective CM performance of partners and suppliers
- Create, maintain and implement the CM Plan in accordance with policies and contractual/tender requirements
- Specify, maintain and ensure compliance of CM Contractor and Supplier requirements.
- Audit & Assess Contractors and Suppliers to ensure CM processes, systems and deliverables meet requirements.
- Ensure the correct definition of the product and its defining data.
- Participate in the design / stage reviews (PDR, CDR…).
- Responsible for the establishment & maintenance of configuration baselines (FBL, ABL, PBL)
- Participate in the selection of configuration items and subsequent product breakdown structures and Bills of Materials.
- Establish and maintain the configuration change management system, including internal and external CCBs and performs the Configuration Control Board (CCB) Secretary role.
- Co-ordinate and control the configuration change process for design change including item change, document change, deviations and waivers, concessions and trail modifications.
- Ensure design change is traceable throughout design and implementation.
- Establish, maintain and release the CSAR used to describe the configuration management phases and milestone achievement to track design evolution and implementation.
- Capture, verify and control ‘as built’, ‘as installed’, ‘as tested’ and ‘as maintained’ configuration information.
- Plan and conduct configuration verifications and configuration audits (PCA & FCA).
Skills / Proven Ability:
- Proven ability with configuration management in either defence, engineering organisations or in delivery of MOD projects
- Working to standards such as DEF Stan 00-057 or similar is highly desirable
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved candidates should be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level). This need not be live at the time of application as the successful candidate will be able to start on a baseline security clearance.