£41.45 - £48.83 per hour
about 1 month ago
Templecombe (flexibility to work from home) - 6 month duration - Pay rate £48.83 p/h Umbrella or £36.18 PAYE basic (£41.45 p/h including holiday pay)
We are looking to recruit a Configuration Manager to work for our defence client on a complex maritime mine countermeasures project. This will involve managing multiple development programmes with a variety of different components. Candidates should have proven ability of undertaking Configuration Management tasks for defence or safety critical projects.
Support to Programmes:
- Performs CM planning for new and existing projects, defining an effective tailored CM Implementation.
- Supports the identification of contract/subcontract requirements to ensure effective CM performance of partners and suppliers
- Creates, maintains and implements the CM Plan in accordance with Chorus 2.0 and contractual/tender requirements
- Specifies, maintains and ensures compliance of CM Contractor and Supplier requirements.
- Audits & Assesses Contractors and Suppliers to ensure CM processes, systems and deliverables meet requirements.
- Ensuring the correct definition of the product and its defining data.
- Participates in the design / stage reviews (PDR, CDR…).
- Responsible for the establishment & maintenance of configuration baselines (FBL, ABL, PBL)
- Participates in the selection of configuration items and subsequent product breakdown structures and Bills of Materials.
- Establishes and maintains the configuration change management system, including internal and external CCBs and performs the Configuration Control Board (CCB) Secretary role.
- Co-ordinates and controls the configuration change process for design change including item change, document change, deviations and waivers, concessions and trail modifications.
- Ensures design change is traceable throughout design and implementation.
- Establishes, maintains and releases the CSAR used to describe the configuration management phases and milestone achievement to track design evolution and implementation.
- Captures, verifies and controls 'as built', 'as installed', 'as tested' and 'as maintained' configuration information.
- Plans and conducts configuration verifications and configuration audits (PCA & FCA).
Development Infrastructure (Tools):
- To provide feedback on the efficiency and effectiveness of the development environment.
- To use the toolsets in a manner consistent with Chorus II.
- Deploys and ensures correct usage of the CM tools.
Process and Techniques:
- To be familiar with the processes and techniques employed by the Function.
- To adhere to the processes and techniques.
- To support the review of the processes and techniques to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provides support to the Organisation Configuration Manager to identify, develop and deploy improvements to the CM Process.
- To support the maintenance of configuration management metrics.
- Reports on CM Key Performance Indicators.
- To support the generation of estimates.
- To establish, maintain and manage a CM effort estimate.
- To be familiar with the company procedures and to actively propose enhancements.
- To support and assist audit and review activities (internal and external) on company processes.
- To ensure a flow of information downwards of the main issues being addressed by Engineering.
- To share knowledge across the Function and projects.
Please note, all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level. You will be able to start after completing a baseline security clearance, so if you are not currently SC cleared a new application will be made in parallel with your start date.
This role has been deemed Inside IR35.