Aerospace Software and Systems,
£40.00 - £42.00 per hour + Ltd Company (expected Outside IR35)
7 days ago
Templecombe - 6 month duration (potential to extend) - Pay rate £42 p/h Ltd Co (expected to be Outside IR35)
We are looking to recruit a Configuration Manager to work for our defence client in Templecombe. You will be supporting a number of programmes within the Integrated Airspace business, these are largely software focussed and products include radar, communications, radio systems, air traffic management systems and others. This is a role in which there is no margin for error and attention to detail is paramount. Strong personal and communication skills are necessary, as this position will require interaction with Project staff.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- The primary responsibility of the Configuration Manager will be to provide day-to-day support to multiple projects in:
- Establishment of reference baselines (FBL, ABL, PBL)
- Registration and releasing of configuration information
- Organises and manages the Configuration Control Board (CCB) as well as pre and post CCB activities (including administrative tasks)
- Integrity and maintenance of configuration records, history and traceability.
- Archiving of obsolete technical data
- In the above roles, you will be required to follow Configuration Management processes, procedures and standards in executing the roles using Microsoft Office tools and Configuration Management tools.
- Tasks will include:
- Creation / Update of the project Configuration Management Plans
- Administering CM processes on project
- Following CM and change management procedures and checking that engineering staff have complied with these procedures
- Producing Configuration Status Reports
- Interfacing with Document Services and Project Issuing Office
- Participates in the phase reviews (PDR, CDR, etc) and in configuration audits (FCA and PCA)
- Proven background working in a Configuration Management role for related industries
- Proven ability using Software CM tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Experienced in the use of Configuration Management tool and principles
- Ability to work in a small team and managing stakeholders
- An appreciation of the full development project life cycle
- Awareness of Defence Standards 05-57 or similar acknowledged standards in CM would be desirable
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the tasks involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a live UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level. You will be able to start on a baseline clearance with an SC pending, so do not need to be currently SC cleared in order to be considered.