Aerospace and Defence,
Aerospace Design and Concept,
£33.00 - £34.00 per hour + Ltd co
16 days ago
6 months +
Portsmouth, Hampshire - 6 month duration plus potential to extend - Pay rate £34 p/h Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Configuration Manager to work on a contract basis for our market leading Space and Satellite Technology client in Portsmouth.
Missions and activities
- Control of project(s) Configuration Process & Plans in a team environment, in collaboration with other CADM Team members, reporting directly to the local CADM Team Leader. A Configuration Manager may be assigned to several projects and is expected to act as a team player in a shared workload environment.
- The Configuration Manager will be responsible for all Project Configuration, in collaboration with the Project Team and the local CADM Team Leader.
- Ensure Project CADM Team(s) are able to deliver in accordance with Company processes.
- Act as a focal point for Configuration Management for Projects.
- Occasional overseas Travel may be required.
Internal & External Relationships
- Provide guidance and support to the Project Team inclusive of CADM
- The quality of document/data management is a prerequisite for good project configuration control.
- The Configuration Manager is accountable for ensuring the correct registration and assignment in the Company Product Data Management (PDM) Tool.
- The Configuration Manager will correspond with their nominated counterparts in the customer and lower tier partners and suppliers and ensure recording of external documentation into the PDM system.
- Ensure all documents and Data-packs are circulated and delivered to meet Project requirements
- Excellent communication with all stakeholders is essential.
Internal and external document/data management covering:
- Process and Control Project RFD/RFW, including reporting
- Support/deputise for Project CM including CCB activities and PDM tool administration
- Recording of documents in the company PDM (Product Data Management) database Creation and control of metadata
- Distribution of documents/data and creation of Data-packs
- Monitor and control the quality of internal documents via the formal check
- Support Project end users for document related queries
- Develop processes & Tool improvements to deliver efficient Business solutions
- Where required recording and controlling non-document data (media etc.)
- Support to Project Configuration Manager and/or Local Team Leader as required
- The ability to work autonomously as well as within a team, efficiently and methodically with good organisational and interpersonal skills is essential.
- Configuration Management / Control background in Aerospace/Space Engineering preferred, however will consider other industries with rigorous configuration control standards.
- Full Configuration Management knowledge in: Configuration Identification, Product Structure, Baseline Management, Change Management including Status Accounting and Auditing
- Proven ability with file/data management tools (such as Adobe, FTP, Nero…….)
- Proven ability with Product Data Management tools (ideally Windchill, may consider Teamcenter)
- IT Literate with MS Office Tools
- Good standard of education, HNC, Diploma, NVQ Level 5 or similar.
- CM II or equivalent qualification desirable
- French/German languages advantageous
- Background working in a sensitive data environment advantageous
Documentation may cover ITAR data (eligibility to handle ITAR is mandatory for this role) some projects may require classified data handling, higher security clearance may be required and will be managed by local Team Leads.