Up to £35.00 per hour
4 months ago
Configuration Management Engineer
Duration: 12 Months Contract
Location: Filton, Bristol
Pay Rate: £35.00 Ltd per hour
Responsible for the Configuration Management activities, in accordance with Program requirements and to define and work in line with the Configuration Management Plan agreed by our client & Clients/Suppliers.
* Responsible for the programme Change Management process to ensure all change is tracked, monitored, visualised and incorporated into baselines, in line with agreed points of embodiment to customer requirements.
* Coordinates the interaction between engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, operations and program management to ensure appropriate changes are documented and approved, in line with all Export Control/ITAR requirements.
* Ensures the maintenance and timely release of configuration baselines and records.
* Collates and reviews change impact assessments to prepare for internal/customer Change Control Boards (CCB's)
* Responsible for managing the Change Implementation Board (CIB) and Change Control Boards (CCB's), including the creation of Change Paperwork.
* Works in accordance with customer Configuration Management (CM) Plan ensuring compliance and flow down of CM requirements to sub-tier suppliers
* Supports all tasks associated with both Configuration and Data management i.e. Administration of Internal and External databases
* Validate that all change documentation is clear, concise, valid, and has been executed correctly and the to-be released documents matches the intent of the change.
* Application of Lean tools to business processes i.e. Visual Management, Scorecard, Root Cause Analysis, KPI's etc.
* Completion of periodic CM audits (PCA) and Configuration Status Accounting (CSA) activities, in line with programme requirements.
* Knowledge of and application of principles, practices applicable to ISO10007 and AS9100 standards
* Clear understanding of applied Configuration Management in Aerospace environment
* Highly proficient in the use of all MS Office Suite applications
* Proficient in the use of Product Data Management (PDM) applications (Windchill preferred) (certification check)
* Proven ability with product change management in complex organisations
* Proven ability with CM process audits
* Must able to comply with Export Control and Nationality ITAR requirements
* Working knowledge of SAP, Windchill and Database packages. (certification check)
* CAD Interrogator (CATIA V5 and V6) (certification check)
* Proven ability in Document Management
* Proven ability of dealing with customers and suppliers
* Effective problem solver
* Knowledge of Configuration Management model (CMII)
* DOA / POA knowledge (EASA Part 21 Sub-part J & G).
* Strong minded and committed, able to embody vision and engage people in the delivery of that vision
* Proven ability in Project management
* Export Classification Engineer Certification (ECE) - (certification check)
WE SEEK A CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING A SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)