Up to £35.00 per hour
25 days ago
Configuration Management Engineer
Duration: 12 Months Contract
Location: Filton, Bristol
Pay Rate: £35.00 Ltd per hour
Responsible for the Configuration Management activities, in accordance with Program requirements and to define and work in line with the Configuration Management Plan agreed by our client and Clients/Suppliers.
* Responsible for the programme Change Management process to ensure all change is tracked, monitored, visualised and incorporated into baselines, in line with agreed points of embodiment to customer requirements.
* Coordinates the interaction between engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, operations and program management to ensure appropriate changes are documented and approved, in line with all Export Control/ITAR requirements.
* Ensures the maintenance and timely release of configuration baselines and records.
* Collates and reviews change impact assessments to prepare for internal/customer Change Control Boards (CCB's)
* Responsible for managing the Change Implementation Board (CIB) and Change Control Boards (CCB's), including the creation of Change Paperwork.
* Works in accordance with customer Configuration Management (CM) Plan ensuring compliance and flow down of CM requirements to sub-tier suppliers
* Supports all tasks associated with both Configuration and Data management i.e. Administration of Internal and External databases
* Validate that all change documentation is clear, concise, valid, and has been executed correctly and the to-be released documents matches the intent of the change.
* Application of Lean tools to business processes i.e. Visual Management, Scorecard, Root Cause Analysis, KPI's etc.
* Completion of periodic CM audits (PCA) and Configuration Status Accounting (CSA) activities, in line with programme requirements.
* Knowledge of and application of principles, practices applicable to ISO10007 and AS9100 standards
* Clear understanding of applied Configuration Management in Aerospace environment
* Highly proficient in the use of all MS Office Suite applications
* Proficient in the use of Product Data Management (PDM) applications (Windchill preferred) (certification check)
* Proven ability with product change management in complex organisations
* Proven ability with CM process audits
* Must able to comply with Export Control and Nationality ITAR requirements
* Working knowledge of SAP, Windchill and Database packages. (certification check)
* CAD Interrogator (CATIA V5 and V6) (certification check)
* Proven ability in Document Management
* Proven ability of dealing with customers and suppliers
* Effective problem solver
* Knowledge of Configuration Management model (CMII)
* DOA / POA knowledge (EASA Part 21 Sub-part J & G).
* Strong minded and committed, able to embody vision and engage people in the delivery of that vision
* Proven ability in Project management
* Export Classification Engineer Certification (ECE) - (certification check)
WE SEEK A CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING A SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)