Belfast, County Antrim
£25.00 - £30.00 per hour + Ltd negotiable
10 days ago
Configuration Management Coordinator
Belfast - 6 month contract - Pay rate up to £30 p/h
We are looking to recruit two contractors to work for our defence client based in Belfast to coordinate Configuration Management (CM) activities and employ CM processes throughout all phases of a product development lifecycle. The position also requires the coordination of all CM aspects for Sub Contractor Design Authorities relating to the programme. Candidates need not necessarily come from a configuration management background; experience with change management, document control or broader engineering 'problem solving' would also be considered as training can be provided.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Report to other functional heads and programme managers as required in relation to product configuration status at scheduled design review meetings.
- Provide CM inputs to bids for potential future business.
- To deploy, implement and maintain the programme Configuration Management Plans.
- To coordinate the configuration for all programme related hardware Pre and Post Freeze including Sub Contractor Design Authorities.
- With sub-contractors and suppliers:
- assess their CM capability
- manage the flow-down of configuration management requirements (SOW)
- ensure the follow-up of configuration management requirements
- To perform and participate in the verification and validation of configuration baseline contents.
- To participate in the phase reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR…).
- To perform or participate in configuration audits (FCA, PCA) and CM System verifications.
- To ensure that all programme hardware Pre and Post Freeze Design Build Standards for Development and Production use (Product Baselines) are defined and controlled both "in-house" and at Sub-Contractor Design authorities to guarantee product conformance to Customer requirements.
- To control the Configuration Bills of Material (As designed-BOM) and oversee the As Planed BoM on the ERP system and to ensure that these BoMs are maintained and validated to the approved Product Baselines to enable Master Schedule requirements to be met.
- To coordinate the approval, introduction and implementation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) for the purpose of introducing improvements or resolving production/operational problems on the programme.
- To facilitate the technical interface between the Programme team and Customer on configuration management issues.
The jobholder is required to organize a broad spectrum of Management, Engineering, Operations and Support functions inside and outside the company. Planning and organizing to satisfy both internal and external customers across a number of technically complex systems requires a careful balance to be struck in resolving conflicting interests.
Within the company the jobholder has regular contact with the following main functional areas e.g. Programmes, Engineering, Operations, Customer Support, Finance. The jobholder may have contact with the broader customer organisation e.g. DOSG, Defence Support Group, the Service User, Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (REME), for the purpose of resolving technical or operational issues arising from service deployment of the Systems, the introduction of design improvements, or the provision of technical support and advice. There will also be regular contact with sub-contractors on task approval and progress, trials, technical and financial reports, and ex-committee approval of design change proposals.
- Education to Degree, HND or HNC or equivalent standard in an Engineering, Technical, or Scientific discipline.
- Relevant experience gained working in an Engineering/Scientific/Technical environment involving technical problem solving and managing change.
- The jobholder is required to have relevant experience in Project/WP Management disciplines and must display strong leadership and motivational qualities to direct and achieve the required results from the wider programme team, including the Supply Chain.
- The jobholder will be a key member of a major change programme and as such is expected to fully participate in Collaborative Working. The ability to travel on business at short notice may also be required in line with programme requirements.
- Configuration management experience.
- Knowledge of the Chorus Reference System (The company's Quality Management System) and the CM process contained within.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the projects involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance.