Up to £0.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Responsible for the preparation, collation, assessment, recording and maintenance of accurate configuration data associated with the production/In Service platforms. You will provide support to the platform configuration managers. As a Configuration Engineer you will ensure the internal departments and its suppliers adhere to the companies policy and procedures for Configuration Management.
* Initiate & monitor Change Requests using the company change tool.
* Preparation of Change Requests and proposals for consideration at Change Evaluation Change Committee, Configuration Change Control and Implementation Boards.
* Chair or support Internal or customer review boards.
* Responsible for producing or reviewing the Configuration meeting agenda and minutes.
* Maintain Change control board action logs/trackers.
* Produce and maintain weekly/monthly KPI's.
* Prepare and co-ordinate timely submissions of Change Proposal Forms required for Customer approval in accordance with internal or customer contracted process.
* Provide CM technical support to functional areas, to control the modification state of the product and its support equipment.
* Initiation and co-ordination the submission of Vendor Change Proposals, both to / from Suppliers and Customer.
* The updating and maintenance of Configuration Status Accounting Records and CM Metrics data.
* Monitoring of the aircraft production baselines, including the preparation of As built, Configured Items Lists & Baseline Establishment Lists.
* The preparation of programme deliverables, liaising with Engineering, Operations, Training and ILS departments etc.
* Establish and maintain good working relationships with all other configuration management teams.
* Support companywide CM initiative for CM Processes, tools and procedures.
* The preparation of Configuration Management Plans
- Are they a good communicator on the phone?
- From your time talking to the candidates on the phone, are they keen and enthusiastic with a positive attitude?
- Can they produce power point presentations for others to deliver presentations? So experience of using MS Powerpoint.
- Are they willing to learn?
- Are they inexperienced enough to be moulded, developed and trained? A lot of training will be provided.
- Why are they interested in the job?
- Are they looking to stay for many years? The manager doesn't want candidates who are looking for a final job before retirement.