Up to £40 per hour
about 1 month ago
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £40ph PAYE
We are currently seeking a Configuration Engineer for our client, a tier 1 defence company who design some of the world's most advanced weapon systems. You would be acting as a focal point for CM project support, delivering configuration management support against contractual defence standards as well as investigating and implementing engineering change management against the client's product definitions.
The configuration engineer would be expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Carrying out Engineering Change Management Activities to include:
- Reviewing documentation for completion and accuracy.
- Generating part numbers / Drawing numbers.
- Structuring bills of material.
- Interrogating engineering drawings and implementing the engineering changes
- Support in generating, publishing, and maintaining configuration management plans, product/project structures, strike registers, design signature lists, etc.
- Supporting regular Configuration Management Committee meetings (CMC, LTC, CCB), Modification meetings and ad hoc meetings: schedule diary, manage meetings, generate agendas, take and publish minutes.
- Supporting Configuration Manager in the planning and carrying out of Supplier Audits: Schedule diary, generate agendas and reports, chase non-conformities and update the audit tracker.
Skills / Backgrounds
- Ideally suited to someone who has proven ability working in a similar role within the defence sector: Candidates from other industries such as Automotive, Aerospace, Pharmaceutical, etc. would also be suitable.
- Other transferrable skillsets including Bill of Material Engineers, Material Requirements Planning Analysts, Engineering Change Engineers, Technical Data Managers, etc., will also be considered.
- Experience with MS Office and data systems (Windchill an advantage).
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills with good attention to detail.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).