8 months ago
Location: Filton, with occasional travel to Luton and Basildon
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: Negotiable hourly rate
IR35 Determination: To be determined
The configuration engineer would be expected to undertake the following tasks:
- To deliver Configuration engineering best practice and optimised Configuration engineering solutions into IPT's to meet requirements, at optimised cost.
- Set standards for behaviours, technical leadership and quality of Configuration Engineering Management and Project Data Control.
- To provide Configuration Management support across assigned projects in accordance with company processes to ensure that Configuration standard is maintained and applicable project milestones are achieved.
- Planning, Identification, Change Management, Status Accounting and Configuration Audit.
- Point of contact for all Configuration Management on allocated aspects of the programme.
- Toolset specific Configuration Management (Teamcenter PDM).
- Management of Delivery Milestones.
- Configuration Status Records.
- Change Board Management.
- CMP Maintenance.
- Change Control.
- Customer and supplier liaison.
Skills / Backgrounds
- Excellent understanding of the 5 key elements of Configuration Management: Planning, Identification, Change Management, Status Accounting and Audit.
- Configuration Management experience in the Defence Industry
- platform level baseline control is desirable.
- Excellent Knowledge of Configuration Management DEF STAN 05-57.
- Knowledge of EIA-649-B and NATO STANAG 4159 an advantage.
- IT literate - Use of Excel, Word and a Product Management Tool essential, preferably Teamcenter and SAP.
- Meticulous Record Keeping
- Knowledge of Customer and Supplier Audit an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Technical leadership & motivation of others - get most from people through effective leadership & empowerment.
- Delegation -ability to effectively delegate tasks to appropriate people and provide required level of support. Regularly monitor progress to ensure successful delivery.
- Business Awareness - understanding of fundamental business principles, drivers and key customers.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must be capable of obtaining UK MoD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).