Up to £26.25 per hour
7 months ago
The configuration engineer will authoritatively coordinate, collect and publish Change process and progress information within the WTA, acting as the key contact for the Data and Configuration Management Team within the COM. Manage the interface with the Design Management Services team. To deputise for the Type 45 Configuration Manager in his absence providing team guidance and decision support as required
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Influence, establish and document effective change management processes within the COM.
- Assist in execution of all outstanding Changes by providing appropriate reports and change analyses.
- Liaise with the Capability Insertion Team to ensure that the status of all changes, irrespective of origin can be clearly demonstrated.
- Maintain an overall status of Change progress from which embodiment and completion information can be retrieved. This is to include regular issue of key metrics.
- Manage entry of Change related information into the change management toolset
- To act as the focal point for the Data and Configuration team in the COM, co-ordinating responses from the team as required.
- Liaison with key project stakeholders, specifically to ensure that each change is adequately captured and that information is made available to support timely progress. Related decision making at tactical level and assist in developing strategic solutions for Change Management.
- Seasoned in the operation of Configuration Management systems.
- Knowledge of RN/MoD process and practice relating to Change Management.
- Familiarity with the T45 IKM solutions and Microsoft Office Software
- Able to author clear and concise instructions and documentation
- Full awareness of Configuration Management standards, principles and processes and their application to Naval vessels.
- Preferred - Full awareness of the range of information required to support a Naval warship.
- Preferred - Knowledge of Windchill.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A CONFIGURATION ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)