£187.00 - £200.00 per day + Ltd
12 months ago
Configuration Controller / Document Manager
Fareham, Hampshire - 12 month contract - Pay rate £187 to £200 per day Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Configuration Controller to work on a major Air Traffic Management (ATM) delivery programme to the UK MOD. The client will deliver a capability upgrade that will provide the MOD with ATM Services for a period of 22 years and requires this contractor to support an existing Configuration Manager.
- Registration and releasing of configuration information - review, approval and release of data.
- Integrity and maintenance of configuration records, history and traceability.
- Archiving of obsolete technical data.
- Ensures correct usage of the CM tools.
- Support Parts and BOM management.
- Focus on the quality of what we deliver to the customer.
- Ensures the integrity of technical data, attributes and validity throughout the life cycle.
- Ensures the definition, recording and storage of technical data.
- Responsible for verification of the completeness of technical data internally and externally.
- Ensures the return and the provision of technical data to the relevant functions.
- Records configuration baselines and provides status on identified gaps or omissions.
- Translates the decisions of the Configuration Manager into the tool as needed.
- Configuration management tool (PLM) user and project/product team support.
- Document management.
- Change control.
- Proven ability working within a Defence environment, including alignment to the appropriate standards (e.g. Def. Stan 05-57/ITIL)
- Track record of delivering effective Configuration Control across the complete lifecycle (concept through to support)
- A strong understanding of Configuration Management principles and processes across all phases of the product / system lifecycle
- Self-motivated and capable of working alone and within a team
- Good computer skills
- Good written and oral communication skills to allow effective communication with peers, and both technical and non-technical customers
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management processes
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management tools
- Knowledge of Data and Document tools
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level).