Configuration Controller / Document Controller
Portsmouth - 6 month contract duration with potential to extend - Pay rate £24 p/h Ltd Company
We are looking to recruit a Configuration Controller to work on a contract basis for our market leading Space and Satellite Technology client in Portsmouth.
Missions and Activities
- Control of project(s) documentation/data in a team environment, in collaboration with other CADM Team members, reporting directly to the Project Configuration Manager, with overall formal line reporting to the local CADM Team Leader. A Configuration Controller may be assigned to several projects and is expected to act as a team player in a shared workload environment.
- The Configuration Controller will be responsible for all documentation/data including RFD/RFW's created or delivered to the Project, in collaboration with the Project Team and the Configuration Manager.
- Occasional overseas Travel may be required.
Internal & External Relationships
- Provide guidance and support to Doc officers and internal Project Team
- The quality of document/data management is a prerequisite for good project configuration control. The Configuration Controller is accountable for ensuring the correct registration and assignment in the Company Product Data Management (PDM) Tool under the guidance of the Project Configuration Manager.
- The Configuration Controller will correspond with their nominated counterparts in the customer and lower tier partners and suppliers, recording external documentation into the PDM system and sending internal documentation as required to the external stakeholders.
- Good communication/teamwork with all stakeholders is essential.
- Internal and external document/data management covering:
- Process and Control Project RFD/RFW, including reporting
- Support/deputise for Project CM including CCB activities and PDM tool administration
- Recording of documents in the company PDM (Product Data Management) database
- Creation and control of metadata
- Distribution of documents/data and creation of Data-packs
- Monitor and control the quality of internal documents via the formal check
- Support Project end users for document related queries
- Propose process improvements to improve efficiencies where identified
- Where required recording and controlling non-document data (media etc.)
- Support to Project Configuration Manager and/or Local Team Leader as required
- Document Control or Configuration Control background in a technical or data management environment.
- Change Control experience desirable
- Background in a sensitive data environment would be advantageous
- Proven ability with file/data management tools (Adobe, FTP, Nero…….)
- Proven ability with Product Data Management tools (ideally Windchill, may consider Teamcenter….)
- IT Literate with MS Office Tools
- Knowledge of Change Management procedures advantageous
- Aerospace/Space Engineering background preferred, however will also consider Military, Automotive, Petro-Chemical, etc (any industry with rigorous configuration control).
- The ability to work autonomously, efficiently and methodically with good organisational and interpersonal skills is essential.
- Good standard of education, GCSE, high school diploma, NVQ or similar.
- French/German languages advantageous
Documentation may cover ITAR data (eligibility to handle ITAR is mandatory for this role) some projects may require classified data handling, higher security clearance may be required and will be managed by local Team Leads.