Belfast, County Antrim
£25 - £40 per hour + Ltd negotiable
8 months ago
Configuration Controller / Change Controller / Document Controller
Belfast - 6 month contract (with potential to become Permanent) - Pay rate negotiable based on experience from £25 to £40 p/h Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Configuration Coordinator / Configuration Controller to undertake Configuration Management (CM) activities and employ CM processes throughout all phases of a product development lifecycle and for Sub Contractor Design Authorities. You shall be working for a defence client based in Belfast on electronic systems.
The client will also consider candidates who come from a business process/change control or document control background and training in the relevant aspects of configuration management. This could be from industries outside of defence/engineering.
- Background in Configuration Control, Change Management or Document Management - having familiarity with how organisations undergo the management of change/business processes or document control.
- Experience of delivering effective Configuration Control within an engineering environment would be desirable, but is not an essential criteria.
- Coordination of CM aspects of the programme including sub-contractors.
- Report to other functional heads and programme managers as required in relation to product configuration status at scheduled design review meetings.
- Provide CM inputs to bids for potential future business.
- Functional reporting to the Configuration Manager (CM) on a day to day. A high degree of collaboration and co-operation required with all stakeholders on the programme.
- To deploy, implement and maintain the programme Configuration Management Plans.
- To coordinate the configuration for all programme related hardware Pre and Post Freeze including Sub Contractor Design Authorities.
- With sub-contractors and suppliers: 1. Assess their CM capability, 2. Manage the flow-down of configuration management requirements (SOW) and 3. Ensure the follow-up of configuration management requirements
- To perform and participate in the verification and validation of configuration baseline contents.
- To participate in the phase reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR…).
- To perform or participate in configuration audits (FCA, PCA) and CM System verifications.
- To ensure that all programme hardware Pre and Post Freeze Design Build Standards for Development and Production use (Product Baselines) are defined and controlled both "in-house" and at Sub-Contractor Design authorities to guarantee product conformance to Customer requirements.
- To control the Configuration Bills of Material (As designed-BOM) and oversee the As Planed BoM on the ERP system and to ensure that these BoMs are maintained and validated to the approved Product Baselines to enable Master Schedule requirements to be met.
- To coordinate the approval, introduction and implementation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) for the purpose of introducing improvements or resolving production/operational problems on the programme.
- To facilitate the technical interface between the Programme team and Customer on configuration management issues.
Due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all candidates must be capable of obtaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level).