Crawley, West Sussex
£35.00 - £37.00 per hour + Ltd
2 months ago
Crawley - 4 month contract - Pay rate £35 to £37 p/h Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Configuration Controller to work for our client, a market leader in the aerospace and defence industry. You will be working on a UAS project from the Crawley head office and should have a proven background of working in a complex and controlled engineering environment.
- To Identify, capture and release design & technical information.
- Ensures Configuration data and documents relating to various stages of the lifecycle is related, valid and fit for purpose at all times.
- Create and distribute configuration management information, describing configuration status.
- Creates and maintains build intent records.
- Captures and stores build actual records.
- Performs gap analysis on build intent and build actual information.
- Supports the design change control process (internal & external).
- Creates and maintains Configuration Status Accounting and Configuration Items Lists records.
- Supports PCA & FCA.
- Supports the Project/Bid Configuration Manager with Planning, Mgt, Audit and Assessment activities when requested.
- Retains or archives technical information when required and ensures the security and future availability of the information for the organisation.
- To support a pro-active, 'can-do' attitude within the Function and encourage innovative thinking.
- To Administer and provide user support to the project/product team with respect to the PLM tool (Teamcentre) and CM processes.
- To support the maintenance of configuration management metrics.
- Proven ability working in a configuration control / configuration management function.
- Background of working in a complex engineering environment (defence / aerospace desirable).
- Familiarity with PLM tools, use of Teamcentre would be desirable.