Up to £35.00 per hour
3 months ago
Configuration Change Manager
Contract 10 Months
Location: Filton, Bristol
Pay rate: £35.00 Ltd per hour
The A320 Family range of products is highly complex and technology advanced aircraft that has many derivatives, manufactured across numerous countries with a supply chain of hundreds of suppliers from across the world. We have multiple Major Constituent Assemblies (MCA) and Constituent Assembly (CA) sites worldwide with over 250 customers and 7000+ aircraft in-service.
Configuration Management is an Airbus Key competence that ensures customer orders are met in-line with the required Airworthiness Requirements. On a yearly basis we ensure the configuration of 600+ aircraft at rates up to 63 per month from 4 Final Assembly Line's (FAL) worldwide. We are fully empowered and responsible to manage the Full Change Process (FCP) ensuring traceability, Industrial aspects, Budget monitoring, Contractual aspects, Continued Airworthiness and Type Design (TDD) is maintained whilst integrating Customer Services interests. CM supports and steers the SA program for all major initiatives including Multi Program Projects (MPP), Incremental Development (ID) (New Engine Option (NEO)/Airbus Cabin Flex (ACF)/Airbus Corporate Jet (ACJ)), Program Engineering Procurement (PEP), SCOPE+, Request For Change's (RFC), Request For Work (RFW), Major In-Service Problem's (MISP), Airworthiness Directive's (AD), Transfer of Work's (TOW), Obsolescence, Flow Mods, and MIP's under the Standard Configuration Management Channel.
AP1007 describes the policies, rules and key principles of Configuration Management thus we ensure the development and training relating to new policies and procedures coming from EZC CM Centre Of Competence (COC).
Manage Full Change Process - Standard mods and Customisation Mods
* Ensure governance as per A2843.3 and supporting processes
* Compile Agenda's, Chair Meetings and prepare Minutes of Meeting (MOM)
* Ensure consistency of inputs Technical Repercussion Sheet (TRS) / Embodiment Repercussion Sheet (ERS) / Production Repercussion Sheet (PRS) to support Business case, Time, Cost and Quality, steer Current Engine Option (CEO) v New Engine Option (NEO), Pratt & Whitney (PW) v CFM International, Flight Test A/C and Stored A/C
* Support Industrialisation process and ensure Mod Batching Policy is applied where applicable
* Ensure deliverables for Trans-national Decision Gate (TNDG3) and Mod Opening, Budget agreed and Point of Embodiment (POE) agreed.
* Ensure correct Cluster are selected post mod opening
* Update of ICC parameter's in-line with steps of the change process.
* Update of Detailed Data tab and ensure relevant documents are attached TRA etc
* Use CA is your Friend and Involvement Check to ensure quality of data.
* Ensure FIC Level 4 data is available at time of mod opening
* Apply Golden Rules for Transnational Modifications
Essential Skillset/Proven Ability
Must have proven ability of Airbus toolsets ACC2 and ICC and have knowledge of Airbus modification process and rules as defined by Aircraft Configuration Management Rules (ACMR)
Desirable Skillset/Proven Ability
The focus of this role will be
* Support and Manage Incremental Development (ID) for the A320 Family
* Support of Major Projects and MAMO's for the A320 Family
* Mod Closure Activity
WE SEEK A CONFIGURATION CHANGE MANAGER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)