£149 - £150 per day + Ltd Company / Umbrella
29 days ago
Likely December onwards
Configuration and Document Management Controller / Administrator
Harwell, Oxfordshire - 6 month duration (potential to extend) - Pay rate £150 per day Ltd / Umbrella or £127 per day PAYE (including holiday pay)
We are looking to recruit a Document Controller / Administrator to work for our client, a leading satellite and space technology company whose office is based in Harwell, Oxfordshire. This role is based primarily in Harwell, but due to current Covid-19 restrictions can work from home. Once normal working patterns resume there will be a requirement for some business travel to Bristol, which could be once a week at peak times.
You will assist in managing the configuration and the associated data for the clients UK projects and products. The role will also involve a development plan towards managing the configuration of the projects and products.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
Management of Data
- Responsible for the registration and release of configuration information
- Responsible for the integrity, validity and maintenance of configuration records, history and traceability across the lifecycle
- Responsible for the verification of internal and external technical data
- Ensures the availability of up-to-date recorded technical data
- Records configuration baselines
- Supports related teams in terms of PLM tools
- Participates in the CCB preparation and follow-up
- Contributes to process and tools improvement, coaching of peers and new tool end-users.
- Preparation of Review Data Packages and End Item Data Pack (EIDP)
Quality Management System
- Contribute to Business Improvement Plans and Actions, in particular the ones related to Customer's satisfaction improvement
- Quality Management System implementation
- Company Quality dashboard
- Support Company Certifications
- Contribute to lesson learnt capturing and implementation.
The job holder will be required to perform ad-hoc additional duties that will arise from time to time that are consistent with the nature of this position.
- You should have a proven background of working in Document Control within a highly regulated engineering sector - this could be Aerospace, Defence, Nuclear, Marine, Rail, Automotive, Oil & Gas or other similar fields.
- Demonstrable positive performance record in Data Management in a complex organisation.
Knowledge of any of the following areas would be desirable:
- Configuration and Data Management
- Background in space sector
- Use of PLM tools (the client is using Windchill)
- While specific knowledge of the French Language is not a prerequisite for this position it would be advantageous to facilitate activities across the wider organisation.
Normally based in the Harwell office but a certain amount of time will be required to work in the Bristol office and will also require occasional UK or International Travel.
A driver's licence that is valid in the UK is a preferable requirement of this position.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the projects involved all candidates must be eligible to gain a Baseline Personnel Security Clearance.