Configuration & Data Engineer
Configuration and Data Engineer
Contract: 6-12 Months
Pay rate: Negotiable
The role will support design and engineering activities in support of aircraft modification programmes within the client Airborne ISR based at Broughton.
The position requires knowledge and proven ability of the design lifecycle in aircraft programmes and configuration and data management principles.
The successful candidates will be part of the growing Airborne ISR Team which delivers aviation engineering expertise across a wide range of projects to both military and civil customers worldwide.
- To apply and administer Configuration Management / Data Management (CM/DM) as directed by the Configuration and Data Manager including; configuration identification, configuration change control, configuration status accounting and configuration auditing for development and operational systems.
- Perform assigned work activities related to CM / DM data entry, and activities to coordinate and expedite Product Configuration Information (PCI) through the CM / DM process.
- Perform data management including the coordination and delivery of data items (PCI) generated on the programme, including auditing for compliance with customer, security, and program standards.
- Evaluation of change requests for impact to baselined documentation and data.
- Perform configuration documentation audit to ensure PCI to be released conforms to that which was specified.
- Provide support, and where required participate in configuration audits.
- Collate metrics and produce Configuration Status Reports tailored to meet programme stakeholders needs.
- Review, and update configuration and data management (CM / DM) processes / work instructions / guidance documents used by the programme in delivery of CM / DM. This may include documents related to the CM / CM process also the use of enabling toolsets (e.g. CDMS, PDMLink, RShare).
- You will possess a working knowledge of Defence Standard 05-057 Configuration Management of Defence Materiel, Defence Standard 05-061 Concessions, and ISO 9000 Guidelines for CM. Awareness of alternative standards used to perform CM/DM such as EIA649 and EIA859 would be desirable.
- You will be able to effectively interface and communicate throughout the various levels of management and professional stakeholders both within engineering and other disciplines.
- You will have proven ability in performing several of the functions of CM/DM (e.g. configuration identification, change control).
- Proven ability of Aircraft Design and Manufacture industry, and/or working within a similar highly regulated industry within the design and production lifecycle stages.
- Proven ability with CM repositories for product structures and documentation/data management such as Product Data Management (PDM) / Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Production toolsets e.g. Windchill, Enovia, SAP.
- Working to CM/DM processes such as configuration control, identification, data library/repository, product release, product delivery and configuration audits.
- Performing CD / DM activities within Shared Data Environments (e.g. SharePoint) and/or PDM/PLM toolsets (e.g. Windchill, Teamcenter, or Enovia).
- Use of advanced features of Microsoft office tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Challenging attitude to ensure high quality outcomes, with attention to detail when performing CM/DM tasks.
- CMII Certification, DAMA Certification
WE SEEK A CONFIGURATION AND DATA ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED WITHIN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)