£40.00 - £50.00 per hour
7 months ago
Computer Security Support Engineer
We are looking for a contract Computer Security Support Engineer to join Heysham 2 power station's Engineering PES team to work on aspects of Computer Based Systems Important to Safety (CBSIS).
The Engineer will work as part of a team, with a reputation for quality, reliable and safe work.
The successful Candidate will be required to provide assistance/drive development in the following areas:
Assist with the management of CBSIS related documentation
Provide guidance to engineering system owners on compliance with CBSIS requirements
Assist with and support computer security initiatives that may include:-
- Carry out Anti Virus checks in line with established procedures.
- Carry out monitoring and checks of CBSIS audit logs
- Carry out monitoring and checks of Firewalls/DMZs and associated intermediate communications controls.
- Carry out regular backups of CBSIS systems in line with established procedures.
- Maintain and review access lists for CBSIS systems
- Provide input to, review and assess CBSIS system modifications
Participate in receiving/providing training as required.
However, the list above is not exhaustive and the work will vary according to station/system needs.
Initially contract for 3 months but extended for the right Candidate
Based at Heysham
Reporting to the Lead Plant Computing Security Specialist
Industry standard qualifications or certifications in computing and security (can be fairly broad).
2. 3+ years experience of working in a related field
Excellent team working and communication skills
Ability and discipline to follow procedures and processes - with a safety first attitude
The applicant must be capable of obtaining at least a 'Security Check' level of clearance.
5+ years industry experience in a related field.
General IT and Industrial computing background, with a breadth of software/hardware skills including older computer technologies