£10.00 - £11.00 per hour
7 months ago
Temp - perm
We have an opportunity for a Composite Technician to join a busy team based in a manufacturing site in Beccles. Temporary initially but could lead on to a permanent position for the right candidate.
The Composite Technician will report to Purchasing Manager / Production Manager
The person who fills this role will be responsible for the control, mixing, testing and distribution of materials onto the factory shop floor. The successful candidate will autonomously plan their day to ensure the factory is always supplied with conforming material that is fit and ready for production activities. This role is the first step in a chain of processes that go towards making the final parts that are shipped to the customer. It is therefore crucial that work is carried out to a high degree of accuracy and very detailed records completed.
As part of the goods Inwards team you will be responsible for the non- conformance reporting function of the goods inwards dept. This will involve communicating to the purchasing & quality department alongside liaising with suppliers on potential supply chain issues. It is important that you familiarize yourself with the current system used with a view of making improvements that will benefit the business.
* Understand demand and usage from production to plan daily workloads
* Receipt & inspection of incoming batch controlled raw materials
* Responsible for the accurate mixing of in-house resins to a set formula following standard operating procedures
* Keep meticulous records of all materials mixed and issued for traceability
* Responsible for testing and reporting on materials conformity to specification
* Responsible for the Issuing of resin, catalyst and gel coat to the shop floor in a timely manner
* Keep meticulous records of all materials issued for future reference
* Maintain and report weekly stock control on all raw materials
Candidates must have:
* Valid counterbalance forklift license essential
* Experience of handling materials desirable
* Attention to detail
* Analytical Nature
* Ability to work under pressure
* Capable of following procedures