12 days ago
Our Client based in Darwen has a requirement for a Composite Manufacturing Engineer to join their team.
Summary of Role:
The post-holder will work closely within a cross functional value stream to help support the ongoing operations of the business in rate production and NPI.
Supporting the engineering function within the production cell, and help to develop the process with technical solutions including material management in order to achieve compliant parts.
· Work closely with the team to maintain consistency in terms of rate production across the projects within the business
· Lead / Facilitate complex problem identification, containment and resolution
· Create and implement action plans to rectify localised and systematic process breakdowns
· Help design, implement and analyse new composite manufacturing processes, following review of current processes, in order to identify risk and implement improvement plans
· Develop and support project wide process manufacturing documentation for production activities, including preparation of Manufacturing Planning's, Test Procedures, Manufacturing Procedures, and Quality Planning Control Plan.
· Support on-going Test Analysis
· Assist in the development and facilitation of Process FMEA's and help maintain risk management policies and programs
· Support the design change management process by reviewing and approving engineering orders and drawings for technical requirements and process adherence
· Support Critical Design Reviews (CDR)
· Report results from product and process yield metrics to engineering and senior management to encourage design / industrialisation for manufacturability and quality
Degree and/or similar qualification in Engineering / Technical field
Experience in a production / manufacturing engineering environment
Composite manufacturing, Industrialisation and Validation, Failure modes and effects analysis, Statistical Process Control, Metrology and Control Plans, NPI