Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Up to £0.00 per annum
22 days ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to whereby you will be responsible for ensuring components are to the correct quality and specification during manufacture and that specified processes and procedures are adhered to. This will include all
aspects of in-process inspection of manufactured composite components, thermal analysis, part to CAD inspection as well as inspection of final parts and assemblies.
This is a challenging role which require working effectively within a team, initiative, intelligent judgement and a passion for producing products of an exception quality.
* Identifying non-conforming components/evaluation and decision making of how issues are handled.
* In-process inspection, monitoring and reporting to provide assurance that composite components are manufactured to the correct specification and all relevant checks have been carried out.
* Inspection to drawing using both surface table and hand measuring instruments.
* Part to CAD inspection, using portable measuring devices for both hard probing and laser scanning methods, analysis of results and accurate reporting of route cause dimensional issues.
* Using mainly heat flow technique, operation of the DSC machine to validate material properties and correct cure specification.
* Pressure testing and investigation of leaks throughout the manufacturing process to prove reliability and the component meets the set requirements.
* Remote video inspection and measuring of internal structures
* Completion of inspection reports, managing communication of issues with the NCR system and liaison with designers to establish fit for purpose of components.
* Ensuring the accurate recording and entry of weights into the business system.
* Implementing continuous improvement projects and working with engineers to implement new processes.
* Inspection of used components between races and tests to check for damage and other problems that could affect the reliability and/or the safety of the car.
* Updating of the lifing system with service intervals and notes from manufacturing/checking service reports and ensuring all lifed parts are within service specification/life for the next event.
For more details, please apply here or contact Louise Taylor at Morson.