Birmingham, West Midlands
£13.00 - £15.00 per hour
5 months ago
Main purpose of role:
This role forms part of the community engagement team. The individual will act as the first point of contact for all queries from communities and their representatives along the HS2 route in Area North, and will support the community engagement team with events coordination and other administrative duties.
Key responsibilities and duties:
* Act as a first point of contact for the HS2 Helpdesk and HS2 public response team for incoming queries
* Coordinate telephone and e-mail enquiries, ensuring timely responses and escalating to a community engagement advisor when necessary.
* Maintain data input for the HS2 community engagement query management system.
* Maintain community engagement filing systems, ensuring strict adherence to data protection requirements.
* Coordinate the production of community engagement management reports such as dashboards, reports and ad hoc updates.
* Manage and coordinate the community engagement calendar why may include events management, supplier engagement, materials delivery.
* Coordinate the planning and organisation of ad hoc community engagement events this may also include public events.
* Provide community engagement information and advice to the wider LM team when required.
* Uphold and act in accordance with values and principles
* Participate in and positively promote the 'Making the Right Choice' programme
* Ensure compliance with JV policies and procedures
* Attend and engage with JV-wide collaboration / learning and development related activities
* Constantly work to enable the broader team to deliver against EWC North goals
Key employee values and principles:
Showing energy, taking pride in role, being sensitive to impact, demonstrating drive, being committed, respecting confidentiality, doing the right thing, being accountable
Valuing and empowering others, making a contribution, considering others' needs and approaches, asking for help, recognising achievements, seeking to listen and understand, explaining decisions, acknowledging environmental impact
Creating a stimulating environment, being open and honest, demonstrating enthusiasm, seeking innovation, being flexible, being curious, providing clear direction, setting new standards, maximising unique opportunity
4. Health, Safety and Wellbeing
Making safety our first consideration, acting fast to mitigate risks, making proactive interventions, taking responsibility for our own and others' health, safety and wellbeing
1. Best for project: Am I making best for project decisions? Am I taking best for project actions? Am I putting the project goals above my own company goals?
2. Inclusivity: Have I involved everyone who could add value? Am I utilising the combined strengths of the team? Am I encouraging others' ideas? Am I considering others' perspectives / standing in others' shoes? Are we collaboratively setting milestones?
3. People first: Am I looking after my and others' wellbeing? Am I thanking people for their contribution? Am I respecting peoples' personal lives? Am I using technology where possible to aid work life balance? Am I working in a 'safe and well' way? Am I talking first emailing second?
4. Jointly seeking solutions: Am I asking for help where I need it? Am I helping others where I can? Am I making others feel comfortable 'not knowing'? Am I avoiding silo working?
Qualifications and Training
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Internet and email.
* Understanding of social media - Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Yammer
* Be cognisant of Data Protection, Freedom of Information and GDPR guidelines.
* Professional outlook and appearance
* Organised and able to deliver best practice
* Creative, hardworking with a good eye for detail
* Personable and effective communicator at all levels
* Team worker with a can do attitude
* Strong time-management skills and the ability to prioritise
* Professional outlook and appearance