COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS ENGINEER (NAVAL EXTERNAL COMMS)
Working within the Communications & Combat Systems team you will be responsible for and provide input into the following typical key deliverables;
- Capture and agree technical requirements in accordance with company and programme processes.
- Ensure compliant technical solutions against contractual requirements and regulations.
- Ensure design documentation is generated, captured, configured and controlled in accordance with company processes.
- Ensure design change requirements and documentation are generated, captured, configured and controlled in accordance with company processes.
- Ensuring engineering LCM adherence for all deliverables, Sub Contract Design Reviews and relevant input to project LCM activities.
- Capturing and agreeing input to appropriate Verification Cross-Reference Index (VCRI), Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Plans (ITEAP) and Qualification Plans.
- Providing specialist advice and contributing to other project documentation, such as Training Needs Analysis (TNA), Technical Publications, and Operating Instructions (list is not exhaustive).
IN A NUTSHELL: We need a Systems Engineer who has Communications design and verification ability preferably within a Naval / Maritime environment but this domain is NOT essential.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- Knowledge of the complete engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in a number of phases.
- Strong awareness of Product Safety and SHE.
- Seasoned in external communications systems in Defence, Maritime, or closely linked domain and have a comprehensive understanding of their own systems and activities interact with the overall platform.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)