Up to £12.99 per hour
3 months ago
The role holder will be responsible for deploying a communications strategy for our Aerospace Technical Community.
This involves setting up a variety of communications channels, ensuring the content is developed and communications are delivered to the appropriate audiences. Building positive, pro-active relationships with key stakeholders and working with stakeholders to deliver our communication plan will be key to this role. This is a real 'hands on' role and will give the role holder opportunity to make a significant impact on connecting our technical community and improving levels of employee engagement.
- Develop and manage the internal communications plan which will involve setting up and overseeing a range of communication programs/initiatives:
- Liaise with the company's provider for webcasts and set up a quarterly leadership webcast.
- Collaborate with the relevant persons to ensure live 'town hall' sessions with senior managers are set-up and delivered.
- Drive and motivate line managers to ensure they deliver team updates.
- Update and manage our technical community intranet site to provide content such as an technical community overview, meet-the-team, leadership webcast content, webinar content, quarterly round-up of FAQs and local stories.
- Coordinate and deliver the technical community HTML e-mail newsletter.
- Set up webinars (focused on projects, sites & people from across the technical community).
- Use yammer to provide alerts to important new messages, encourage peer-to-peer content sharing etc and ensure we are maximising its use.
- Coordinate with the relevant stakeholders to gather content for delivery for the various communication channels. Review and use editorial skills to suggest improvements to content.
- Oversee making 'meet the leaders' videos.
- Set up 'trainer the trainer' events for storytelling.
- Capitalise on opportunities for positive communication stories and collaborate with appointed communication ambassadors to increase the quality and quantity of our communications.
- Ensure outputs are on brand, promoting the technical community communications collateral such as our strapline, identify symbol, icons and PowerPoint templates.
- Develop and manage other communications channels as appropriate, e.g. an employee app.
- Develop measurement and evaluation tools to understand the effectiveness of the communications plan and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Support the development and deployment of a technical community induction e-learning module.
Qualification and Skills
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) or studying towards a degree in a relevant discipline (communications, marketing, PR or business administration)
- Formal communication qualifications.
Specific Functional Capabilities, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Understanding of communications and marketing.
- Digitally savvy, a great writer and with an understanding of primary social media.
- Working knowledge of MS packages.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal influencing skills.
- Creativity - spotting opportunities for positive communication stories.
- Building stakeholder relationships and networks.
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level of organisation and prioritisation.
- Initiating action and tenacity to follow through tasks to completion.
- Calm whilst working in a complex and global environment, flexible to handle changing priorities.
- Various client sites in the UK and overseas.
Role Reports to VP Strategic Projects / Head of HR for ETQ
Key Internal Relationships;
- Leadership Team
- Comms Ambassadors
- Communications Team
- Heads of Function
- Technology, Engineering & Centre Managers.
Key External Relationships;
- GNUIS (Communications Agency)
- Sponge (E-Learning Provider)
- other vendors as appropriate.