Up to £14.50 per hour
8 months ago
A new opportunity is now available for a Communications Office to be responsible for proactive media engagement on behalf of a large organisation
The primary focus is on Filton pro-active communication and you will work closely with the Head of Communication and the UK Media Manager to deal with reactive media enquiries, ensuring responses are aligned to corporate messaging and lines to take.
In addition, you will plan and deliver internal and external communication activities which support the promotion of and engagement in the UK's employee-led Charity Challenge scheme, and associated activities across Broughton and Filton sites. This will involve some administrative tasks such as leading and managing a network of volunteers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the effective management of Commercial media relations activities, proactive and reactive, with measurable results. This includes managing media visits in-line with various processes and ways of working, and supporting media activities led by Toulouse and London
- Produce high-quality communications products - including speeches, Lines To Take, briefing documents, Tweets and press releases - which are fully aligned with corporate stances on various topics.
- Help oversee and lead management of the client in the UK Twitter account, ensuring a network of contributors is identified and contributing effectively.
- Responsible for ensuring all internal and external communications activities relating to the Charity Challenge scheme in the UK are planned and delivered
- Linked to your areas of responsibility, produce content for the full range of internal communication tools and explore opportunities to enhance and add to the toolkit where possible (e.g. apps)
- Work in partnership with colleagues in internal communication, external communication and community relations to ensure you are contributing to content management processes.
- Experience of writing and delivering internal and external communications
- Comfortable and confident dealing with journalists
- Excellent interpersonal skills - adaptable, flexible and able to communicate with people at all levels both inside and outside of the organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic and enthusiastic
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Internal Communications; External Communications; communication strategy; communication plan; media relations; social media; stakeholder management; public relations; engagement plans; digital marketing;