Up to £0.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
Communications Officer; Bristol; Contract
Reporting to the Head of Communications UK, you will be responsible for pro-active media engagement on behalf of our client in the UK.
The primary focus is on pro-active communication and you will work closely with the Head of Communication and the UK Media Manager to deal with reactive media enquiries, ensuring responses are aligned to corporate messaging and lines to take.
You will plan and deliver internal communication strategies and plans in support of the client's UK communication strategy.
The primary focus will be to support the promotion of and engagement with the client and their UK Charity Challenge scheme and associated activities across sites.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include;
* Contribute to the effective management of Commercial media relations activities, proactive and reactive, with measurable results. This includes managing media visits in-line with various processes and ways of working, and supporting media activities
* Produce high-quality communications products - including speeches, LTT, briefing documents, Tweets and press releases - which are fully aligned with corporate stances on various topics.
* Help oversee and lead management of the UK Twitter account, ensuring a network of contributors is identified and contributing effectively.
* Responsible for ensuring all internal communications activities relating to the Charity Challenge scheme in the UK are planned and delivered
* Produce content for the full range of internal communication tools and will explore opportunities to enhance and add to the toolkit where possible (e.g. apps)
* Work in partnership with colleagues in internal communication, external communication and community relations to ensure content management in the UK is aligned and coordinated
You will have experience of dealing with both internal and external communications
Excellent interpersonal skills - adaptable, flexible and able to communicate with people at all levels both inside and outside of the organisation
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy
PR; Events Manager; Public Relations; Protocol Manager; Communications; Events Organiser; Marketing; Aventri; VIP Visits; Corporate hospitality; Organise and Manage events; Booking venues, Media Relations; Hospitality; Marketing; Events Management; Branding; Advertising; Content Creation; Promotion; Budget Management; Awards; Project Management; Stakeholder Management; Communications; Media