Up to £0.00 per annum
29 days ago
Our client Scottish Power are seeking a Communications Manager for an approx 8 month contract role based in Glasgow.
The Stakeholder and Communications team look after internal and external communications within SP Energy Networks. Our communications impact every part of the organisation and showcase our work to external audiences.
The Innovation Marketing & Communications Manager is a key role in the team with responsibility for the development and delivery of a strategic innovations communication programme across both the SP Energy Networks business, and external communication channels ensuring the delivery of clear, consistent, and effective communications to a range of audiences.
The role holder will provide direction and assistance to business leaders to ensure key strategic and operational messages are delivered, understood and effectively cascaded across the business and to external parties as part of a regulatory process and beyond. Knowledge sharing across the industry will be a key part of this role, and ensuring that our best practices are also cascaded. The communications programme will comprise multimedia channels, including a blend of traditional and technological solutions to deliver a step change in how we communicate across our organisation and externally with regard to innovation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Delivery of strategy / plans and activities already underway or agreed by current Innovation Marketing & Communications Manage.
* Development and delivery of further communications plans on SP Energy Networks' innovation activities and key projects, agreed with project teams, other internal business stakeholders and senior leadership.
* Active management, development and maintenance of a range of communication messages for all channels (intranet, website, webinars, events, printed materials, videos etc), that support our projects in the delivery of strategic objectives.
* Providing communications support to help drive an innovative culture internally at SP Energy Networks supporting local innovation campaigns, sharing outcomes and achievements across the business and beyond.
* Providing solutions and know-how on communications and marketing best practice, ensuring the successful delivery of key messages both internally and externally. On-going assessment and evaluation of the effectiveness of these methods and subsequent adaptation will also be required as appropriate.
* Liaison with key external suppliers and agencies on production of creative communications and marketing material, ensuring completion to brief, within budget and to agreed timescales.
* Working closely with the wider stakeholder and communications team, and local stakeholder teams, to ensure messaging aligns with strategic communications objectives at a business wide level.
* Providing support to the communications team for general communications requests on a daily basis. This will also include contributions to wider team planning and reporting.
* Experience working in a marketing and communications environment, developing strategy level materials using multimedia channels of delivery.
* Experience developing and delivering written communications for both internal and external audiences.
* Preferably qualified to degree level or equivalent with relevant experience.
* Ability to plan and organise the delivery of an external and business wide communication plan, ensuring that the overall plan maintains momentum and achieves objectives.
* Excellent leadership, communication and inter-personal skills in order to motivate and influence managers and staff at all levels. Ability to influence and motivate teams to deliver communication interventions
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to communicate complex subjects at all audience levels.
* Detailed knowledge of communication and marketing tools and techniques and their practical implementation - use of latest technology and multimedia channels.
* Proven ability to lead and manage the delivery of communication interventions across a large and complex organisation.
* Experience of publication, writing of successful marketing material and business writing.
* Ability to make progress in an ambiguous environment, where priorities and deadlines can shift.
Happy to discuss flexible working.
* Internal & External Communications