Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
1. Purpose of the Job
Undertake technical client and assurance role in designated technical areas (refer Section 5) in relation to delivery of Communications and Control Systems (C&C Systems) by Crossrail Systemwide Delivery team and its contractors.
2. Principal Accountabilities
* Review and accept selected design and testing & commissioning deliverables produced by C&C Systems contractor and other relevant parties (principal review criteria being compliance with: prescribed standards operations & maintenance concepts technical requirements)
* Witness testing & commissioning activities, including attendance at FATs and SATs produce observation / verification activity reports to help build the assurance case for acceptance
* Support Systemwide Delivery team in resolving technical issues as they arise on site
* Assess assurance evidence produced by C&C Systems contractor and other relevant parties in areas including requirements compliance, interface management, verification and validation, RAMS and EMC
* Investigate technical issues, produce technical reports and prepare contractor communications as required
* Liaise with Crossrail infrastructure managers to facilitate acceptance of delivered systems
* Resolve detailed requirements issues relating to third party interfaces to C&C Systems
* Provide technical support as directed within the Crossrail team, to Crossrail delivery partners and to others including, the Crossrail Surface Directorate, Rolling Stock and Depot team, Technical Assurance team
* Assess and approve changes to technical requirements, including relevant system performance specifications, which provide the requirements baseline for delivery contracts
* Take reasonable care of own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles
* Cooperate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
* Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working encourage and support others to do so too
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.
3. Main challenges of the job
* Ensuring that the delivered systems comply with prescribed requirements
* Establishing productive working relationships with Crossrail operators and maintainers, Systemwide Delivery Team, external stakeholders/third party interfaces
* Facilitating acceptance of the C&C systems by the Crossrail Infrastructure Managers.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
* Part of a team overseeing delivery of C&C Systems contracts worth c. £100m
* Works closely with Systemwide Delivery team and C&C Systems Contractor
* Significant technical complexity (multiple systems and interfaces)
* Multiple stakeholder environment including sponsors, operators, maintainers, delivery contractors (including C&C Systems contractor and interfacing contractors), Network Rail, London Underground, other external interfacing parties.
5. Person Specification
* Specific technical knowledge of SCADA systems
* General knowledge of communications systems and their application on railways
* Tertiary level academic qualification in communications engineering or allied discipline
* Communications project engineering experience (>5 years) gained in a major rail projects environment including experience of design, construction and testing & commissioning phases
* Knowledge and experience of application of systems engineering and technical assurance methods and practices
* Good communications and team-working skills.