Up to £24.76 per hour
3 months ago
Communications Advisor; based in Barrow-in-Furness; 6 month contract; £24.76 LTD per hour or £19.99 PAYE per hour
We are looking to recruit a Communications Advisor to work for a large manufacturing company based in Barrow-in-Furness. As a Communications Advisor you will be responsible for providing guidance and support to the functions on Communications Strategy deployment, including embedding communications activities. You will assist the Business Managers in the development and effective delivery of communications which enhance business performance.
Duties will involve;
- Updating the business unit's intranet homepages
- Sourcing and writing Communications content for main communications channels
- Supporting Communications engagement events (i.e. MD Engagement)
- Supporting day-to-day communications delivery, such as the writing of content and delivery of communications
- Be entirely involved in the delivery of the HR and Communications Business Plan.
- Work collectively and collaboratively with communications stakeholders to ensure timely, accurate and effective delivery of services.
- Plan and deliver communications programmes
- Write and sub-edit communications for bulletins, newsletters, intranet, internet, and local media
- Provide advice and guidance to customer areas on communications audits, the development of simple communication plans, including measurement of effect in order to facilitate delivery of business objectives.
- Provide advice and guidance to customer areas on the interpretation and application of corporate and local communications policies. Ensure compliance with the law as it relates to communication and PR disciplines.
- Actively contribute and lead communications projects.
- Maintain and promote effective communications that proactively contribute to business success.
- Facilitate research, planning, execution (content development) and audit of communications with stakeholders in support of their business objectives.
- Continually seek opportunities for improvement in communications, reducing cost and eliminating waste to facilitate a 'good practice' approach in all aspects of communications service delivery
- To manage communication/stakeholder interfaces to ensure timely inputs to external communications across business boundaries.
- Is trusted by managers to coordinate production of external communication organisation and events and is sought out for advice on all communication related activities.
As a Communications Advisor you will ensure communications strategies support the delivery of business goals and vision and are delivered on time and to budget. You will maintain an understanding of business strategy and environment encompassing IBP, common objectives
Other duties will involve;
- Write and sub-edit content for presentations, local media briefings and notices, press releases and external PR materials.
- Edit and draft input for the internet and co-ordinate and support functional development of the website content.
- Provide advice to stakeholders to deliver external communications plans in line with the needs of the business.
- Develop and manage networks to support delivery and improve effectiveness of communications: press releases/media briefings/event PR.
- Company spokesperson on matters as directed by communications management.
- Plan simple external communication campaigns including regular and special briefings (local media/local liaison group).
- Conduct simple research, interview and facilitation projects to refine and report on quality, delivery and effectiveness of communication (monthly metric production).
- Manage the corporate responsibility deployment and subcommittee action planning and communication.
- Provide advice to stakeholders on use of communications guidelines ensuring they are understood and adopted across the business area as appropriate. Administer to Sponsorship budget.
- Provide support to communications initiatives as directed by the communications management team including all other members of the team's work
The successful candidate will hold a Degree, Apprenticeship or equivalent qualifications in Communications/PR. You will have strong written and verbal communications skills along with a good understanding of communications principles and practices. Some experience of internal communications in a large organisation is required along with experience in working with senior stakeholders to produce content (i.e. articles, posters).
Please note the pay rate advertised is LTD rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.