Portsmouth, Hampshire, S. E. England, England
Up to £26.26 per hour
9 months ago
We are looking to recruit a Communications Advisor working for BAE Systems at their site in Portsmouth. The role is covering maternity leave and is working within their Maritime Services part of the business.
The role will require the post holder to work as part of the communications team to ensure a proactive, consistent and coordinated approach is adopted for all internal communications activity.
The jobholder will be responsible for supporting the Communications Manager in the development and delivery of effective and integrated communications plans. You will have a level of experience and expertise within a communications related discipline.
As a Communications Advisor you will be required to develop creative ideas for internal engagement activities and to present complex messages in a simple way across a range of communications channels. You will ensure consistency of message while using writing, editing and proofreading skills to adapt communications to fit a variety of channels and audiences.
Tasks & Activities;
- Support the delivery of effective communications campaigns and strategies
- Ensure service excellence is delivered across all communications activities
- Be willing to innovate to enable stakeholders to contribute to business objectives and act as conduits for the enhancement of business objectives
- Take guidance from the Communications Manager in the delivery of team objectives
- Work with internal stakeholders to facilitate business and change communication objectives and achieve joint aims
- Be responsible for updating and issuing the monthly information reports and coordinate the administration of the Joint Planning Calendar and Maritime Services Activities Planner (Naval Base activities)
- Content management and super user for the Team Portsmouth intranet
- Demonstrate a good ability for linking teams across the Naval Base and establish an effective communications network
- Delivery of Team Portsmouth activities and events and support to activities including Families' Day's, ship homecoming events and base-wide briefings
The successful candidate will demonstrate recent experience of carrying out meaningful consultation to achieve good communication campaigns. You will demonstrate effective writing skills and have recent experience writing for a variety of channels including digital and print. You will have the ability to build strong networks and influence stakeholders. You will be confident in writing for a variety of publications and be able to update communications channels and manage content. You will support projects to promote key initiatives and ensure the front of house service is professional.
Please note the pay rate advertised is a Limited company pay rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Internal Communications; External Communications; communication strategy; communication plan; media relations; social media; stakeholder management; public relations; engagement plans;