Up to £0.00 per annum
7 days ago
6 months +
Our client Scottish Power are seeking a Communications Advisor for an immediate start for an initial 6 month contract role.
At SP Energy Networks our focus is on harnessing technology and innovation to create the networks of the future. We're building a dynamic network to meet the changing demands for electricity and increasingly, renewable electricity - safely, securely and sustainably in the communities we serve.
We know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we're looking for new talent to join our team.
The SP Energy Networks Communications Team are central to helping our colleagues across the business understand, believe in and deliver the future of our business.
In this role you'll help bring our strategy to life by developing and delivering exciting communication experiences, while also developing consistent internal communication channels that engage our people and help us achieve business goals.
You'll provide direction and assistance to our leaders - making sure key strategic and operational messages are delivered, understood and effectively cascaded across the business.
And, you'll do all of that by being responsible for the development and delivery of an employee focused communication and engagement strategy.
* Establish effective and regular monitoring, measurement and reporting framework for internal communications campaigns, channels and strategy - liaise with business contacts and user groups to ensure that communications meet user requirements.
* Provide strategic guidance and advice on effective internal communications activities/channels.
* Effective stakeholder management working with Business Units and Executive Team members to support effective communication campaigns and ensuring alignment with central IC strategy.
* Advise the Executive Team, Operational Managers and Team Leaders in the use of communications to achieve key business objectives.
* Produce internal literature and design collateral tailored to various audiences.
* Ensure our suite of internal communications channels and processes are effective, adhered to and understood throughout the business.
* Operate an ethos of continuous improvement by identifying and implementing innovative and leading-edge communication solutions.
* Development of communication strategies and implementation of our Operating Plan.
* Development of communication plans for Business Units and SP Energy Networks projects.
* Work with message owners, business contacts and user groups - making sure that internal communications meet user and employee requirements.
* Create and develop consistent messaging and communication content that can be published across a wide range of communication channels, such as staff publications, intranet, team meetings, notice boards.
* Be actively involved in the preparation, management, implementation and support of all SP Energy Networks conferences and road-shows
* Develop and embed an effective integrated employee recognition and reward strategy and process, manage events and ensure distribution of awards to all recipients.
* Devise, conduct and analyse communication audits for all SP Energy channels and events.
* Consider and develop activities to encourage use of the intranet, Yammer and new communications channels as required.
* Work with Systems UK to establish effective web-based solutions to support business activities and requirements.
* Manage the ongoing administration of our communication channels, data and
Skills & Requirements
We're looking for someone with communications experience in developing and delivering successful employee engagement strategies and campaigns.
You'll have experience in business or behavioural change communications, experience of publication and business writing and of the UK Utilities market. As well as having high verbal reasoning, verbal comprehension and numeric skills, we're also looking for:
* Highly motivated with excellent team working skills
* Highly creative, coupled with ability to monitor/evaluate
* The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Well-developed influencing and negotiation skills across various senior and lower levels within organisations
* Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with a strong customer focus
* Excellent planning and organisational skills, with ability to produce quality work to set deadlines.
* Delivery focused, with the ability to take the lead, work on own initiative as well as work with location Management Teams.
* Results focused, with the ability to maintain momentum and achieve objectives when faced with obstacles, conflicts and competing demands.
* Knowledge of ScottishPower Group activities and in-depth knowledge of SP Energy Networks business activities
* A close understanding of the varying business requirements within SP Energy Networks
To be successful in this role you'll need to demonstrate as a minimum:
* Experienced at designing and delivering internal communications to employees at all levels
* Experience in developing and delivering employee engagement strategies
* Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
* Effective at planning and organising
* Proficient in the use of IT - predominantly windows and Microsoft packages