Up to £360.00 per day
23 days ago
Morson International is looking for Commodity Manager for our client based in Luton.
The Commodity Manager will be tasked with leading complex, cross commodity negotiations, within commodities such as Transport, Cutting Tool, Maintenance & Service, Packaging, FM, Professional Services, IT & Telecom. An understanding of a commercial environment is key, working across multiple product lines, with key deliverable in place, against dedicated timelines. Knowledge of implementation and management of Supplier Contracts would also be an advantage to this position.
Work content will require minimal supervision and will contain a variety of simple and complex suppliers. This is a hand on, strategic focused role ensuring operational realisation is achieved, within a fast-paced manufacturing environment, operating to the highest standards.
- Cross disciplined evaluation, selection and development of suppliers
- Drive and lead the generation and review of appropriate specifications and Statement of Work
- Objective review of the requirements and solutions being provided
- Early involvement in services / product technology requirements with influence to cost, availability, exportability, manufacturability etc.
- Good understanding of the Procurement Life cycle
- Proactively managing Supplier & In house KPIs
- Experience of designing & implementing Commodity strategy and turning to
- operational reality
- Evidence of delivering savings/value from existing suppliers and contracts
- Work with internal stakeholders in order to understand Internal Customer demand
- Develop and monitor cost / lead-time reduction targets, by demonstrating value at
- Capture business requirements and commercially communicate to the supply base
- Negotiates best terms (price, payment terms, lead time, Ts & Cs, etc.) with supply
- Has a sound understanding of Ts & Cs and confident to negotiate and good legal
- Good analytical and numerical skills as well as planning capabilities
- Experience in Transport, Cutting Tool, Maintenance & Service, Packaging, FM,
- Professional Services or IT & Telecoms is desirable
Although predominately office based (Luton), the role will require travel to different sites and possibly some supplier facilities - with occasional overnight stays. The role may also require European travel