Up to £35.00 per hour
7 months ago
Morson International is looking for Commodity Manager for our client based in Stevenage.
As a Commodity Manager, you are a vital part in the procurement and supply chain community. You are in charge of securing supplier lines, to deliver value for money and to develop structured relationships with key suppliers.
The main responsibility is to develop and execute a strategy for your commodity which includes supplier evaluation, supplier financial analysis, risk management, make or buy analyses, negotiations and long-term contract establishment with suppliers.
You will develop a solid working knowledge of certain commodity trends including: cost drivers, global pricing, market and industry trends and material lead times to maintain availability of cost-effective supplies of materials, equipment and services.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Establish, implement & monitor a Commodity strategy for your perimeter
* Manage supplier relationships
* Lead the (Sub-) Commodity Multi-Functional Team
* Lead the bid, tender and supplier selection process
* Lead and contribute to Procurement/ Value Creation projects & initiatives that aim at delivering synergies and savings
* Lead negotiations with supplier to assure program expectations are meet
* Set-up and negotiate contractual agreements with suppliers
* Lead Supplier Evaluation Development (SED) and Vendor Management, and define action plans to develop strategic suppliers
* Degree in Engineering, Business Management or equivalent
* Proven experience in activities which have allowed you to acquire sound skills and knowledge of: Procurement, Engineering, Services, Project Management
* Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to persuade, influence and convince
* Experience of working in a matrix environment with proven record of successful stakeholder management
* Able to anticipate, assess and mitigate risks
* Excellent skills in relationship building, team building, empowering, motivating others and conflict management
* Negotiation level of English
* Knowledge of SAP would be an asset
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a Basic Disclosure certificate prior to commencement of the contract.