£0.00 - £75.00 per hour + Subsistence allowance
14 days ago
Commissioning Manager, Contract, Newbury
Due to the nature of the position a valid SC Clearance is required
Provide commission ability input into the concept, detail design and construction processes and convey to the relevant identified key stakeholders the Commissioning Strategy Responsibilities The Commissioning Manager will:
* Report to the Company Site Engineer-in-Charge
* Produce and execute the Commissioning Plan, covering all site activities from initial pre-energisation checks through to Site handover to the client, based on the programme agreed with the Client, which will outline the philosophy behind the programme logic, explain what equipment and resources are required, and any assumptions on which it is based, e.g. power on dates, completion of work by others, sole occupation of work areas etc. The Commissioning Plan will comply with the requirements of the Clientâ€™s Project Safety Plan, the Company Site Health, Safety, Environmental & Welfare Plan and all associated documents and legislation. The Commissioning Plan will be agreed with the Company Project Manager and site Engineer-in-Charge prior to presentation to the Client.
* Ensure the timely production and maintenance of site commissioning documentation, including pursuing that required from others, e.g. Factory Acceptance Tests, Input/Output schedules, test specs etc. including presentation for acceptance by the Client
* Attend and represent Company at the Client T&CP meetings including the management of related actions and activities
* Be the primary point of contact on site for all matters pertinent to commissioning.
* Produce timely forecasts of resource, equipment and labour requirements to meet the commissioning programme. These forecasts to be agreed with the Company site Engineer-in-Charge/General Manager and Project Manager prior to committing spend.
* Ensure site commissioning personnel are suitably trained.
* Record any problems encountered during the commissioning works and, in conjunction with the relevant parties, ensure the impact on the project is minimised. All problems and their consequences to be logged formally.
* Liaise with commissioning staff regarding programme requirements.
* Ensure commissioning staff produce auditable daily commissioning logs.
* Comply with rules/regulations, permit systems and safety requirements in force on the specific site and to promote these disciplines to all those under the Commissioning Managers control.
* Assess the performance of all commissioning staff on a periodical basis.
* Must be flexible in approach to work and will need to undertake commissioning activities on site and at sub-contractor facilities within the UK
Qualifications & Experience
* Degree in appropriate Engineering discipline (preferred).
* Membership of an appropriate Engineering Institution (C.Eng.) (preferred).
* Significant experience over a range of engineering topics, ideally including commissioning experience.
* IOSH Managing Safely & appropriate CSCS Card
Location: Various - mainly Burghfield & Rivergate, Newbury, however UK travel will be required to support off site commissioning activities