Up to £0.00 per annum
27 days ago
12 months +
Our client, Scottish Power are seeking a Commissioning Engineer for a long term contract role based in South Lanarkshire.
Job Purpose Statement
Review and deliver Protection and Control Tests and Commissioning for transmission networks (132kV and above) providing necessary basic and detailed commissioning programs, test specifications and innovation, effective technical support, advice and input throughout the projects.
* Ensure the projects (air/gas insulated substations, protections and control, overhead lines and underground cables, transformer replacements, reactors and compensators) are designed, tested and commissioned according UK and international normative, in a defined time, in accordance SPEN, NG STCP 19.4.
* Prepare and coordinate the Asset Data, and advise on construction, switching and outage programmes where required in relation to Commissioning.
* Review, comment and validate the commissioning detailed programmes and PQP Appendix C - Testing and Commissioning Plan.
* Verify the commissioning tests and procedures detailing the process to be followed in each test of the different equipment (combined voltage and current transformers, disconnectors, grid transformers, protection and control systems, reactors and compensation equipment, etc).
* Ensure the commissioning work performed by the contractors, so it will be necessary to know the steps to be followed at each test.
* Ensure compliance with all Health, Safety & Environmental Regulations.
* Work with the Lead Commissioning Engineer to conduct progress, co-ordination and interface meetings with the Project Team, TOps and contractors.
* Provide regular reports on commissioning status. Minimise variations of the program and review contractor's milestones and confirm accuracy.
* Provide technical support to the Project Team on matters concerning the design, construction and testing on systems and lead the technical resolution of site issues.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Experience in design and commissioning for substations, transmission lines, or power plants.
* Technical degree in Engineering.
* Office work experience highly appreciated. PC knowledge or Microsoft applications.
* Health, safety and environmental legislation applicable to construction projects particularly CDM
* Customer liaison abilities.
* Proven ability work in a team environment.
* Knowledge on main safety regulations concerning the commissioning works.
* Experience in design and commissioning for major substation and transmission lines projects (both fields electrical and protection works)..
* Degree in relevant Engineering Discipline.
* In possession of safety certificates enough to commissioning activities at energized areas.