US$90.00 - US$110.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
Under Administrative Direction, this position reports functionally to the site Commissioning and Start-Up Manager. The position requires a multi-discipline skill set with communication and interface with all parts of the organizations.
Essential Functions & Duties/Responsibilities
* Participates in providing a planned, documented, and managed engineering and construction approach to the turnover and/or commissioning requirements for pre-commissioning and testing of final hand-over facilities, systems, and equipment to the client
* Participate in the development of the Systems Turnover program, the Site Quality Manual (SQM) assisting the Quality
* Manager and engineering discipline leads in determining the appropriate requirements for the equipment and project location to be included in the SQM.
* Participate in the development of the Turnover Completions program providing safe start up procedures for energized precommissioning (static)
* Manages the work to the terms of the contract by eliminating issues and optimizing performance.
* Responsible for participation in preparing and managing the approved Turnover & Commissioning budget, estimates
* Participates in subcontracting plans for pre-commissioning, turnover & commissioning, training, testing, reporting and start up activities.
* Responsible for maintaining the system centric integrated turnover & commissioning schedule, reporting costs associated with commissioning labor and equipment, assisting in the development of a turnover & commissioning plan, managing commissioning personnel, and integrating activities with Engineering, Construction Management, and Commissioning activities and deliverables.
* Participates in Project pre start-up and safety reviews and follows up for mitigation planning and execution.
* Manages risk as assigned by the CSU Manager, Senior Project Management and/or Site Management by reviewing risk on a regular basis and identifies significant business risk for FLNG.
* Establishes system boundaries, scopes of work, and turnover & commissioning execution plans.
* Communicates turnover & commissioning roles and scope for members of design and construction teams understands the commissioning test plans/protocols, and coordinates and/or attends design, construction and operability reviews.
* Fulfills contract and company requirements by ensuring that the duties and responsibilities of the project contract are clearly defined, documented and followed by the Project team.
* Prepares turnover & commissioning progress reports for management, CSU Manager or others and assist in development of written test procedures as well as coordinate, witness, and document startup and functional tests.
* Understanding the current capabilities of automation tools and ensuring that they are being utilized to the full benefit of the department and project.
* Maintains a safe work environment by administering a proactive environmental, health and safety program oriented towards maintenance activities and zero accidents.
* Continually improves personal technical, commercial, and organizational knowledge and skills.
* Performs other duties as assigned and requested.
* Work closely with the Technical Department Leader to understand operational process instructions and ensure the facility safe operating limits are maintained
* Oversee the daily troubleshooting of plant operational and performance problems
* Work with the Maintenance Superintendent to prioritize daily operations and maintenance activities requiring Permit to Work.
* Site Security Plan and the Site SIMOPS limits will be understood and administered to meet project requirements.
* Host existing and potential customers on-site
* Coordinate company relations with regulatory agencies and stakeholder
* Other duties as assigned by the site CSU Manager
* Commitment to HSE with the ability to inspire and lead others.
* Strength in leadership, training, mentoring and providing clear work instruction.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
* Possess team motivational skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
* Must have the ability to obtain and maintain TWIC card.
* (7-10) years of direct work/ high level functional Knowledge.
* (2-5) years supervisory experience.
* Bachelors Degree with experience in checkout and handover of equipment subsystems and systems within a large scale plant
* 10+ years, experience in large scale projects
* 5+ years, supervisory experience