Up to £0.00 per annum + TBC / Negotiable - Dependant on Experience
about 1 month ago
To Provide technical resource, to a small team involved in the installation and commercialisation of alternative fueled, commercial vehicles, primarily diesel hydrogen dual fuel.
A Flexible approach is required from an individual who combines technical, practical and communication skills. The primary location will be Liverpool, with occasional travel to locations in UK and abroad to provide customer support required.
Previous experience with vehicles using gaseous fuel systems and understanding of their operation would be highly desirable.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides thorough working and current knowledge and expertise of the clients product line
- Assists with conversions of vehicles for customers and product development.
- Assists with sub-assembly manufacture
- Build professional relationships with primary D-F customers, Operators (service and management) and collaborative partners' Technical contacts. Provides technical support for OEM truck dealers, Maintainers, Operators and Installers
- Provides on-site, remote, and phone support to installation partners, maintainers and customers with routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and warranty repair needs
- Trains installation and repair technicians and provides dual-fuel driver training in the operations of alternative fueled engines
- Diagnoses diesel and dual fuel engine problems
- Assists Engineering team with Technical Investigations into field service issues and provides written reports on the findings of these
- Inventory management
- Preparation of documents and protocols
- Additional duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- A technical qualification would be desirable but relevant experience is more important
- Electronic engine controls maintenance & repair - 12/24 V systems and Alternative fueled engines
- Ability to read, understand and amend automotive wiring diagrams and technical drawings
- Familiarity with engineering bills of materials
- Experience of installing gaseous fuel systems on vehicles and training workshop technicians to carry out installation from kits of parts
- Ability to communicate technical data effectively both verbally and in written form at appropriate level to colleagues, technical contacts and customers.
- Ability to write and process reports, business correspondence and to assist with written procedures.
- Possess current Passport, or eligible to obtain a Passport
- Willingness to travel abroad for varying periods given appropriate notice
- Working knowledge and experience with computers and computer based diagnostic tools
- Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team performance
- Experience with preparation of written and audiovisual training material
- Must be a "self-starter" and perform outlined tasks with limited direct supervision and able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Must establish and evaluate priorities to assure all tasks are completed to satisfactory performance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality