Up to £25000 per annum + TBC / Negotiable - Dependant on Experience
13 days ago
Job Title: Vehicle Technician (Alternative Fuel)
Location: Aintree, Liverpool
Rate of Pay: Circulating £25,000 | Negotiable Dependant on Experience
About the Company
Our Client is a small, yet rapidly expanding company who are looking to recruit an intuitive, self-starting individual to join their team, based in Liverpool. They are involved in the Low Volume manufacture, installation and commercialisation of alternative fuelled, low carbon commercial vehicles, primarily diesel hydrogen dual fuel.
About the role
You will need to provide technical resource the team and a flexible approach will be required from an individual who is able to combine technical and practical skills as well as having solid communication skills. The primary location will be Liverpool, with occasional travel required to locations in UK and abroad to provide customer support when required. Previous experience with vehicles using gaseous fuel systems and an understanding of their operation would be highly desirable.
You will be involved in both electrical & mechanical fitting as well as the making and adaptation of various parts. You can expect to be also working with compressed gas and you will be involved in various "first time" projects, so an intuitive, developmental approach will be required from the ideal candidate.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with conversions of vehicles for customers and product development.
- Assists with sub-assembly manufacture.
- Provides a thorough, current working knowledge and expertise of the client's hydrogen dual fuel product line
- Build professional relationships with primary customers, Operators (service and management) and collaborative partners' Technical contacts.
- Provides technical support for OEM truck dealers, Maintainers, Operators and Installers.
- Provides on-site, remote, and phone support to installation partners, maintainers and customers with routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and warranty repair needs.
- Training of installation and repair technicians and provides dual-fuel driver training in the operations of alternative fuelled engines
- Diagnoses diesel and dual fuel engine problems
- Assists Engineering team with Technical Investigations into field service issues and provides written reports on the findings of these
- Inventory management
- Preparation of documents and protocols
- Additional duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- A technical qualification would be desirable but relevant experience is more important
- Electronic engine controls maintenance & repair - 12/24 V systems and Alternative fuelled engines
- Ability to read, understand and amend automotive wiring diagrams and technical drawings
- Familiarity with engineering bills of materials
- Experience of installing gaseous fuel systems on vehicles and training workshop technicians to carry out installation from kits of parts
- Ability to communicate technical data effectively both verbally and in written form at appropriate level to colleagues, technical contacts and customers.
- Ability to write and process reports, business correspondence and to assist with written procedures.
- Possess current Passport, or eligible to obtain a Passport
- Willingness to travel abroad for varying periods given appropriate notice
- Working knowledge and experience with computers and computer based diagnostic tools
- Excel as a team player and strive to maximise team performance
- Experience with preparation of written and audio-visual training material.
Benefits and other info
- Salary Negotiable | Circulating £25,000 per annum
- Accessible location situated on the outskirts of Liverpool
- On-site Parking
- Permanent opportunity with a rapidly expanding company
- Further package details to be confirmed
If you're interested in the above position, please apply with an up to date CV and a short Covering statement detailing why you think you would be a good match for this position. Alternatively, you can email attaching the documents, please address the email to Tom Grundy.