Have you recently completed your Training Contract and seeking a new role to gain experience in the legal industry? As a recruitment partner to UK Power Networks, Morson are seeking a newly qualified or junior Solicitor or an experienced Legal Executive or Paralegal in commercial to join their team on a 12-month contract. The role is a Commercial Solicitor reporting to the Principal Solicitor working within a small team. Your office is located in Three Bridges, accessible via car or public transport - hybrid working provided as a option. UKPN has been awarded on numerous occasions as the "Top 3 Employer" within the sector, this truly represents the great working culture and engaging team environment, to bring out the best in it's people.
- Assisting on tenders: drafting and negotiating commercial contracts including: consultancy agreements, service contracts, goods contracts, construction contracts, IT contracts and innovation contracts.
- Advising on the application of and compliance with Utilities Contracts Regulations.
- Advising all levels of the business from senior executives to call centre employees and field operatives on compliance with legislation affecting the business.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising upon the interpretation of contracts.
- Awareness of and ability to advise upon health & safety matters.
- Preparing and delivering training on current legal issues to the legal team and to business colleagues and awareness of and ability to advise upon impact of competition law.
Skills & Experience
- Ideally newly qualified or junior solicitor that has recently qualfied within Training Contracts (or Legal Executive/Paralegal with significant demonstrable experience of acting with minimal supervision).
- A BPTC or LPC qualification and undergraduate degree.
- Demonstrate a curious and adaptable behaviour and open to feedback.
- The ability to communicate clearly and authoritatively with internal clients and external customers.
- The commitment and ability to manage an extensive and varied workload under pressure and to tight time-scales.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- It would be an advantage (but not a necessity) to have an understanding of engineering related contracts and/or IT/technology contracts.
Pay & Benefits
- £40-£55k salary (open to market rate).
- Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm.
- 25 days holiday + BH.
- Hybrid working (3 days office, 2 home based - option after settling in period).
- Free on-site parking.
- Plenty of long-term career opportunities.