ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy and global customers to create products which protect lives at sea.
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial / Business Associate to join the expanding Commercial team on a permanent basis.
As a Commercial / Business Associate at AEUK you will be joining a small, dynamic team at the heart of a growing business which delivers high technology naval equipment to UK and overseas customers. You will be working alongside other Commercial colleagues supporting cross-functional teams, and gain an understanding of how the business secures and manages customer contracts
The Commercial / Business Associate will contribute to the success of the Commercial team, collaborating with colleagues and working in an efficient and motivated way to support the portfolio of all commercial activities.
Providing support to the Commercial team, you will learn to interpret a range of commercial agreements and identify key commercial risks, assist with bidding, winning and managing customer contracts, shadow negotiations, and learn how to influence and protect the company’s position.
As part of the ATLAS Group, ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK, based at Winfrith, near Dorchester in Dorset, is a market leader in sonar, mine countermeasures and other systems, for submarines and surface ships, and has a requirement to expand its Commercial team to support current projects and future growth across the company.
The Commercial team at ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK supports bids and manages contracts with our key defence customers in the UK and overseas. These contracts range from research and advice to system level integrated product solutions, involving software and hardware and through-life support. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our successful and growing company, working within a small team at the heart of the business
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Qualities Required:
* Enjoys working collaboratively and as part of a team
* Keen attention to detail
* Motivated, with a high standard of work
* Displays great written and verbal communication skills
* Capable of building constructive and positive relationships
* Flexible, organised and able to handle a broad spectrum of tasks
* Good qualifications, and ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
* Computer literate and capable of using MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint
* Enjoys learning and acquiring new skills, and has a ‘can do’ attitude
* Has the ability to follow processes and apply common ways of working to a variety of
circumstances, but can also look for better ways of doing things
* Analyses written and verbal information, and isn’t afraid to ask ‘why?’
* Seeks to continually improve themselves, and is willing to help others
* Enjoys problem solving
* Wants to make a difference and be part of the company’s success
Benefits of working with us:
* Be part of a small team where your contribution can really count
* Work for a successful, rapidly growing company
* Work for a company that will support your development and manifests a ‘promote from
* Flexible working hours with the ability to work from home 2 days a week
* Good range of benefits including 25 days annual leave rising with continuous service,
onsite gym, pension scheme, mobile phone discount, travel insurance, Armed Forces
recognition scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, dental cover, discount scheme membership,
employee assistance programme, eye care, car salary exchange scheme.
This role offers the opportunity to work within a highly supportive team with genuine long term career opportunities.