£50000.00 - £56000.00 per annum + car/benefits
4 months ago
Our client provide products and associated services around a variety of industries, including quarries, mining and construction. They are looking for a Commercial Product Manager, which is more of a strategic role within sales and marketing, focused on delivering a value proposition to existing (and new) customers to entice them into a managed service solution around the product.
Responsibility for the strategic direction, commercial development and overall growth of a managed service business unit. Leading the strategic and commercial direction of targeted Industry verticals to identify, shape and grow performance solution portfolio of solutions and sales. Working with operational teams across the business to identify opportunities, creating and taking bespoke fleet, asset management & productivity solutions to market across a variety of industry sectors.
Working closely with senior management teams (both customer, Cat and internal) in scoping out complex project charters, managing project life cycles through to implementation and delivering the expected EBIT & ROIC measures throughout the contract lifespan. Develop and manage new services to be bundled as part of value add FMS solutions, as well as sell direct to customers and own the commercialisation and profitability of the FMS Industry vertical practice.
Major Job Functions
* Indicate the approximate % of time dedicated to each 4 or 5 major functions
* Maintain and deliver profitable solution contracts
* Develop and deliver managed solution strategy ensuring the delivery of profitable digital and aftermarket growth
* To lead, motivate and develop the performance of the Managed Solutions team and regional teams. Demonstrating strong leadership skills to ensure individual team members are able to deliver professional, innovative and profitable customer solutions in a high-performance environment.
* Fully understand customer's key business drivers and create bespoke asset management solutions that capitalise upon key criteria to reduce total cost of ownership.
* Continue to build solid, collaborative relationships with customers and sustain profitable growth by understanding their business needs, aligning vertically and horizontally across the group and therefore growing share of wallet.
* Develop collaborative, proactive relationships with Caterpillar at senior levels and with other dealers to ensure our offering is aligned, and at the forefront of the enterprise.
* Oversee Managed Solution projects to ensure they are innovative, timely and commercially viable and ensure, through the rest of the FMS team, that they are delivered to a successful completion.
* Identify and mitigate potential business risks in highly complicated tenders and contractual agreements
* Responsibility for the operational delivery and profitability of "active" contracts
* Lead and deliver post contract reviews ensuring contractual adherence
* Produce strategic and effective key metrics on a quarterly basis encompassing all aspects of the the Managed Solutions team
* Provide strategic direction and leadership to maintain a pipeline for business and identify and develop growth opportunities.
* Lead new technologies and commercialise for direct to market, along with bundling within FMS projects.
* Work to maximise the opportunity for the whole organisation across all appropriate industries
Identify the minimum skills that are required of the job or position (not the employee) to perform the job successfully and competently
* Significant experience (8 years+) in operational management role incorporating strategy development and delivery
* Experienced in a leadership role with strong coaching skills
* Degree educated or equivalent
* Core industry knowledge of applications and operations within Infrastructure construction in industries such as Quarries & Aggregates, Waste, and associated industries
* Excellent customer skills essentially in influencing, relationship building and negotiation skills
* IT literate with a good knowledge of MS Office & SAP Business Objects (or equivalent) BI packages.
* Strong relationship building with both internal and external stakeholders
Identify the minimum knowledge or competencies that are required of the job or position (not the employee) to perform the job successfully and competently
Interested? Please send your CV to Ben Pascall on or call 0161 707 1516