£20000.00 - £22000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Commercial Officer - Dorset - up to £22,000
This is a developmental role that would suit someone from an administrative/office support background looking to follow a career in contract/commercial management. Full training and on the job support will be given in all aspects of company processes, contract drafting, contract review, proposal writing, contract negotiation and contract law.
* Provide comprehensive operational support to the Commercial team.
* Maintain effective oral and written communications with internal & external customers.
* Maintain contractual records and correspondence.
* Write, maintain and update commercial agreements.
* Obtain company sign-off for contract acceptance documentation.
* Produce standard contract bidding documentation such as pre-qualification questionnaires and vendor approval responses.
* Provide support to Commercial Managers on the commercial input into bids and proposals ensuring that a complete response is provided to the customer.
* Provide a contract management service to the business through the management of contracts to improve the financial position, manage customer satisfaction and ensure performance is in accordance with contract requirements.
* Apply company policies and procedures through all stages of the bid process, contract negotiation, contract acceptance and contact management.
* Maintenance of the Commercial team Sharepoint site.
* Resolve customer and internal stakeholder queries.
You will need to have:
* Effective oral and written communications skills.
* Keen to learn with a can-do attitude.
* Able to work flexibly and to tight deadlines in a dynamic small team environment.
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to analyse complex issues.
* Capable of building constructive and positive relationships with a wide range of colleagues, stakeholders and customers.
* Highly motivated, a self-starter with initiative and capable of working with some supervision.
* Good Microsoft software knowledge: MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook.
* Must hold or be able to achieve full UK Security Clearance.
* Good level of secondary/tertiary education or relevant vocational training.
* Experience of Sharepoint and Microsoft Dynamix AX (although training will be provided)