14 days ago
Commercial Officer, Contract, Leicester
- Provide commercial support to the Commercial Manager being responsible for a range of commercial activities (bid governance, reviews, contract management, etc.)
- Manage bids/ tasks through internal governance as required within their delegated authority including attending weekly tender review meetings.
- Draft/ provide input to requisite bid proposals and papers ensuring compliance within the required corporate governance and approvals.
- Assist with Change Management, including a. Compensation events, b. Early Warning Notices c. Attend Risk Review/ Reduction meetings
- Gain an understanding of head contract terms and conditions and how these flow down to the Subcontract supply chain, in order to eliminate/reduce risk
- Attendance and commercial input to client and business accountability meetings as required
- Responsibility for managing bid budgets including monitoring and preparing weekly spend reports.
- Monitoring and reporting of client KPIs
- Assist the Commercial Manager with preparing and delivering commercial training to the business
- Reviewing and preparing rates and escalation information working closely with the Finance Team Key Success Criteria Self-starter who is enthusiastic, organised and displays a challenging attitude.
- Positive attitude and willingness to travel to between Leicester/Bristol and Gloucester as required .
Skills and Experience :-
- Sector experience: Experience of Projects working as Main Contractor / Tier 2 is preferred in any one of the following sectors: defence, power and process, oil and gas, utilities, nuclear, construction, transmission and distribution.
- Specific Form of contract: Experience of change management, subcontract management and the management of contracts from contract award to final account.
- Finance : A good understanding of cost models/business models, familiarity with accounting practices, commercial audits, forecasting and valuations
- Legal: A good understanding of contract terms and conditions
General: Good excel/word/power-point skills Be an enthusiastic and flexible team member with positive attitude