High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
14 days ago
To be responsible for all commercial activities through all aspects of the bid and project lifecycle for a portfolio of accounts.
The role will involve providing Commercial input to all areas of the Company thus ensuring that all commercial issues are effectively completed. Primarily office based in Loudwater with occasional UK and overseas travel
* Through life management of the commercial/contractual aspects of specific design, supply and support enquiries (bids & quotations) and projects (including pre-bid, bid/proposal, contract review and post contract award stages) through development and generation of agreements.
* Negotiation, drafting and amendment of contractual terms and conditions to ensure commercial, contractual and legal compliance completion and submission of statements of compliance, quotations, bids, proposals, claims, invoices and other related commercial items. General day to day management of all related commercial issues
* Maintain pricing models, creation and presentation of Bid Approval documentation, back up financial sign-off paperwork and quotations for enquiries and projects using information supplied by project teams and cost estimators
* To evaluate, mitigate and minimise the companyâ€™s risk and liabilities in dealings with customers and suppliers through assessing commercial and contractual risks including financial exposure relating to cash flow, performance and insurance cover and taking appropriate steps to ensure all risks are known, covered and minimised as far as possible. Generation and maintenance of a commercial risk register on all contracts
* Identifying UK and other (e.g. ITAR) licensing requirements and liaising with export control to ensure the business complies with the appropriate licensing requirements
* To act as the commercial interface with customers and suppliers
* To provide support and advice to project teams and other areas of the business on commercial matters
* To provide regular commercial progress updates to management including the identification of key issues, growth potential and savings
* To monitor contractual payment dates to ensure that invoicing is carried out in a timely manner and that any outstanding payments/debts are pursued effectively through to completion
* To maintain contractual documentation and databases in a timely and accurate manner
Skills, Qualification and Experience:
* Higher Education certificate in a related subject or equivalent experience.
* Pipedrive, ERP systems and Microsoft office packages would be beneficial