Up to £15.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
Commercial Officer; Bristol; Up to £15/hr PAYE; Contract to 31/03/20
Working for our client based near Bristol, we are looking for a Commercial Officer to manage and control commercial activities and liaise with key customer interfaces to ensure both client and customers are operating within the bounds of contractual obligations.
Responsible for leading the administration, coordination and management of key activities directly with client's customers, specifically in regards to response to customer enquiries, return of quotations order receipt and management through to invoice clearance and management of overdue debt.
Other responsibilities will include;
Cash Management - Work with Finance to ensure cash objectives are met and resolve overdue payments
Change Management - Proactively coordinate and agree all changes with customers , ensuring that change management boards are commercially supported
Purchase Order Control - Effectively review all customer purchase orders and conditions of acceptance
Pricing and Financial Awareness - Understand pricing authority limits and be able to provide quotations to customers
Scrap & Spares - Effectively support scrap and spares orders with producing quotations, administering orders and supporting delivery
Terms and Conditions - Maintain a general awareness of contractual terms and be confident in enacting basic contract changes
Negotiation - Support or where necessary lead the preparation and negotiation of claims to reach an agreeable settlement.
Order book management - Control and maintain accurate sales order book entry including the assimilation and analysis of high volumes of information.
Champion 'Export Control' compliance activities, ensuring you and where applicable, member of your team, adhere to the site 'Technology Control Plan (TCP)', guaranteeing compliance with Export Control Regulation, controls, training and systems.
Compliance with all risk assessments and company Environment, Health & Safety Procedures relevant to all work activities.
Reporting of all incidents, accidents and near misses as per the company's procedure and implementation of identified corrective actions.
Maintain good standards of housekeeping in designated work area(s).
Key Internal Relationships; Programme Manager, Estimating, Finance, Engineering
Essential qualifications; GSCE's or equivalent in Maths and English
Desirable; Academic qualification relevant to commercial (IACCM, CIPS, Degree)
Previous experience as a commercial administrator preferably within the aerospace industry is essential.
Experience of order management and processing including working knowledge SAP ERP system
* A thorough understanding of the commercial processes in support of change management
* Experience of developing and producing cost/pricing models in support of quotations
* Experience of responding to and issuing RFQs
* Working knowledge of difference price types and how these apply
* Basic knowledge of key performance indicators for a programme and how these apply (Operational and Financial)
* Working level knowledge of contract terms and conditions and experience in providing advice to stakeholders
* Practical experience of managing and resolving commercial related issues in support of a project
* Export Control understanding and regulatory requirements.
* Negotiation - ability to produce and execute a negotiation plan to reach an agreeable conclusion.
* High standard of technical skills to include Microsoft office especially Excel and Word
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with and deal with people at all levels within and outside the business
* Ability to apply knowledge of lean and continuous improvement techniques within a role
* A high level of self-drive, pro-activity and motivation to meet challenging targets and timescales within a changing environment
* Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise own workload and organise own time to achieve objectives
* Working knowledge of commercial governance, policies and procedures and how these apply
* Knowledge of estimating techniques and experience of challenging estimates
* Understanding of business finance
* Understanding of the principles of corporate governance
Travel requirements; may be occasional travel to customer sites, including travel abroad.
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy.
Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; spares and repairs